Question about pooches (more of a female question)

Options
2»

Replies

• maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    No c-section (two kids), but I've always had a pooch and thought it would never go away. It took a loooooong time but it's finally gone, now that I'm back to a healthy weight. It didn't go away from doing hundreds of crunches or from the latest ab-tastic fitness machine - it gradually got smaller as I lost weight and cut back on sugar and bad carbs.

My stomach pooch comes back if I've had too many carbs or sugar (like over the holidays) but then it goes away when I get back to my normal routine.
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    My first two were "V" births, I had no problems returning to a flat stomach after. With my c-section it took the crunches, so much is cut through. I would still at least try the crunches.
  • I did a little research I googled "how to get rid of fat in pelvic area" haha. I guess that pooch fat is called adipose fat and websites are suggesting cardio for 45-60 minutes a day, pelvic tilts, flutter kicks, leg circles, and planks. Websites also suggested lowering your sugar intakes and eating healthy (duh haha)

any fat on the body is called adipose. I have never had children but ever since I was very young, say 8, I have had a pooch and nothing I have tried doing has gotten it to decrease in size and I hate it!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I did a little research I googled "how to get rid of fat in pelvic area" haha. I guess that pooch fat is called adipose fat and websites are suggesting cardio for 45-60 minutes a day, pelvic tilts, flutter kicks, leg circles, and planks. Websites also suggested lowering your sugar intakes and eating healthy (duh haha)

any fat on the body is called adipose. I have never had children but ever since I was very young, say 8, I have had a pooch and nothing I have tried doing has gotten it to decrease in size and I hate it!

I have not had a c- section but after having 4 children (put a lot of weight on during pregnancy got asked if it was twins with each child), i have a huge pooch & i know it will take a very long time to make smaller.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I had twins by c-section. I still have my pooch but it's getting smaller. I think it'll always be there to some extent. Those muscles have been cut & i don't think it can ever be the same, BUT, it can be decreased over time.
  • raising2ells
    raising2ells Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good post. I've had 2 c-sections but my scar is up and down. Mines looks like another butt. Lol! Hopefully I can get this down too.
    Oh, mine too! I call it my "front-butt." :(
    I've only lost 19 lbs so far, but it's looking worse instead of better. I need HELP! It's just saggier now instead of plump and round. :(