Too much caffeine a bad thing?

Options
Hi everyone! I have always hated coffee but lately I feel like I don't have enough energy during the day unless I drink a couple of cups first thing in the morning. Let me just say that I also take 2 B-complex vitamins and drink at least one diet soda a day and am also anemic, so you can understand why I have such bad fatigue.
My question is, is that I heard that if you ingest too much caffeine that it could stay in your cells and cause fat cells to stay and multiply, and well I really do not want that! And I also heard that it leads to cellulite-yikes!
Anyone's wisdom on the caffeine? Also I was wondering if you had any suggestions for other ways to control my fatigue?
Thanks! :)

Replies

• merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I went to a weight loss clinic to talk to a doctor there and she mentioned something like that. I try to stick to only one cup of coffee and only a couple of sodas each week. I heard that for every cup of caffeine you have, you need to drink twice as much water to balance it out. If you can cut it out completely, i'm sure that is what is best, but if you can cut back drastically, then that will at least be some improvement. Do what you can:)
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Never heard that before! I LOVE caffeine and the only negative thing I've noticed is that if I have too much (we're talking more than 4 cups of coffee per day) I feel shaky and wired!
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    try switching to tea, a good oolong tea has more caffeine than most coffee, but its released slowly into the body. intead of getting a boost in the morning you get a steady buzz all day.