Elliptical at home

Options
Does anyone have an elliptical they purchased to use at home? If so, what brand and model? Looking to possibly purchase one for my apartment, but definitely has to be somewhat quiet and affordable. Thanks

Replies

• Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I bought one from walmart. It is not fancy like you use at a gym but it is small and works great. I paid $200 for mine at the time.
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    http://www.allellipticals.com/

Check out this link, it compares 150+ models from over 30 brands. I got a Schwinn 430 and it is wonderful.
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i got an elliptical and exercise bike in one from amazon...good size and great price, very quiet machine!
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I bought one from walmart. It is not fancy like you use at a gym but it is small and works great. I paid $200 for mine at the time.

This prob the same one i got. It is okay and serves its purpse though i really would not reccomend it.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    i just replaced my old one with a new sole e35. it was a little more expensive, but it is so smooth and really kicks my butt. and it's very quiet.
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I bought a NordicTrack E7 sv Front Drive Elliptical last March at Sears for like $350 and it's been great this year. Between me and my wife it gets used about 8-10 times a week each session about 40 minutes.
  • Bethy25
    Options
    I have the nordictrack E5Vi. It has an adjustable stride which is good considering I'm only 5'2" LOVE It, very quiet, and I thought affordable. I got it at Sears and they matched the cheapest price that I found online. It's fairly streamline which might be good for you living in an apartment. I did quite a bit of research for ellipticals in that price range when I purchased mine about a year ago and this one had the best reviews for the shorter stride that I was looking for. Hope this helps :)
  • RatBoyGL
    RatBoyGL Posts: 100
    Options
    Not sure on models as it would depend on how much you want to spend.

They seem to range from $200 to $2,000.

But from the research I have done, the Schwinn brand seems to be the highest rated at a few sites.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I have a Reebok RL 1500. It's quiet, accurate [based on weight input and heart rate w/ monitor and iFit ready], and it is the highest calorie burning elliptical of all the ones I've ever tried. Well, I do my workouts at the highest resistance, but nonetheless, burns a lot in a short period of time.

It is kind of pricey though. I got mine from Costco for about $700 if I remember correctly. It was a while ago.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Yes I have one it's a sportcraft. It's ok, but my next will probably be a precor or schwinn as I use it almost daily. I have also heard to get one with the wheel at the front as they tend to be quieter and better quality.
  • hclayton46
    hclayton46 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. This gives me a good place to start. I'm open to spending a little money on something thats not going to fall apart in a month.
  • Nucleartiger
    Nucleartiger Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a Precor like they have at Gold's gym. When I was out shopping for an elliptical all the onesI tried at like Sears and Walmart were all wobbly and just didn't seem very safe. I ended up paying $4500 for mine 4 or 5 years ago and it is solid as a rock.

I really think that old saying about you get what you pay for really does apply to things like this.