Tattoo Feedback

Options
2»

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Oh! I read about these in a book. So very, very cool. I have six... so far. I want sleeves, back and feed done. :)
  • pinksocks73
    Options
    I "wanted" a tat when I was 18 and still living at home. My parents did not try to dissuade me, but asked me to wait a year and reevaluate my desire. I got my 1st tat when I was 30. I now have 3 and each one means something to me.

They stay with you forever but you already know that. I think as long as it holds a meaning for you and you are sure you want it....go for it.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    I was 44 when I finally got a tattoo. I am very happy with it a year and a half later, but I think a big part of that is it is on my shoulder blade, so I don't have to see it every day, and others don't see it unless I decide to let them (either by choosing to wear something that shows it, or by pulling up my shirt to show them.) I think tattoos belong in places that can be covered for professional situations. I have taught in nursing programs and worked at hospitals that require tattoos be covered. Just something to consider.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I want a tattoo but I hear they hurt ;-)
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Oooh...firsts are exciting! Just wait - you'll probably be thinking up something for the next one soon :smile:
    The ourobouros is a neat image - I thought of it once since all mine happen to be circles but I went on a tattoo hiatus about eight years ago (I need to get just one more, though, and I still haven't come to a conclusion after all those years...!).

My advice, though - sit on it for a while. A long while. How long have you been thinking about getting it?
  • Buckwheat38
    Options
    i agree with Shallo tattoos are very personal but i like it a lot it actually look a bit like my chinese dragon i have on my foot except its not eating its tail
    i do like the meaning of your tattoo to be
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I want a tattoo but I hear they hurt ;-)

Lol for real : )
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    The human skin and body are too beautiful and delicate to be permanent damage by a tattoo. That is my opinion and I know that some people would not agree with it.

I am happy that neither my husband or my children ever had a desire to tattoo their bodies, or "you know what" would have hitted the fun.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Dude find a really good Grey tone artist and ditch the color. that would look wicked in black and greys.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    The human skin and body are too beautiful and delicate to be permanent damage by a tattoo. That is my opinion and I know that some people would not agree with it.

I am happy that neither my husband or my children ever had a desire to tattoo their bodies, or "you know what" would have hitted the fun.
    OR the human skin is the Ideal place for self expression since it is truly an expression on one's self.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

OR the human skin is the Ideal place for self expression since it is truly an expression on one's self.

They can hang you at the Metropolitan Museum, so better express yourself in a canvas..
  • enworb77
    Options
    Like givprayz, I was older when I got mine. I was 50 when I finally got a tattoo, and I'm very happy with it a year and a half later. Mine is on my right delt so I don't have to show it every day, unless I decide to by either by wearing something that shows it, or by pulling up my sleeve to show it.
    I love your choice and its meaning. I like tattoos to mean something. I chose mine to show my heritage and because I love the principles of "love, loyalty, and friendship."
    One warning I will give though. Tattoos are addictive. I've already gotten a second one and want another... or more. lol
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have 5 tattoos, 4 of which have special meanings, one I just thought looked cool. My most recent one is one that my wife and I both got, to commemorate our wedding date. It has our initials over two linked gold bands and our wedding date in a banner underneath. I will get another as soon as I find the right design to represent my grandkids. I have been looking for this one for 6 years.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    prepare to become addicted to Ink. Once you get your first tattoo you will not stop, it is important to remeber that this is a permanant process, even "removal" options leave a scar. You should be dedicated to the image, it has to be something you will be willing to explain to people whom ask about the meaning behind the imagery. and don't allow people to tell you it does not hurt, becuase it does. You are going to be allowing someone to break your skin, over and over and over again, like a thousand tiny papercuts. Also do a lot of research into the parlor you are planning on using ask to see work that the artist has done, a lot of the time their is someone in parlor that you can look at their work on, run your fingers over it make sure it is almost smooth to the skin, if it is not then don't use that artist, check the conditions of the cleanliness around the parlor, you do not have to get the tattoo the first time you walk in, ask a lot of questions make sure they are knowledgable check their answers online.

You are planning on putting a decorative scar on your body and embed ink in it, treat this with as grave as a desicion as it is.

Totally agree, and Kudos to you!!! Got for it. My tat took 3 1/2 hours to do, only the first 5 min were painful then it is sort of a surreal feeling. And can get addiciting, I really want to add to my but am embracing my vain side and don't wanna mess up the future bikini view! lol. Have at it and work hard to go get it.