The In Between Sizes Syndrome

Options
Hi All,

I am happily losing and doing very well. I have gone down two dress sizes and I am stuck right above dress size number three. I actually pulled my jeans off without unbuttoning them today. These are the jeans that did NOT fit when I started, that I squeeeezed myself into and put up with the pain of them digging into me when I wore them that first day. This is a triumph, but I must admit that I am frustrated because my jeans that are a size 14, that's the next size down, don't fit me yet. I am out of work at the moment and can't spend money on new clothes so I'm stuck in clothes that make me look huge.
I know this is ridiculous. I should be celebrating getting down to another size, but I'm not quite there yet and I have been hovering at the same weight and not quite size for three weeks.
I guess I'm looking for some encouragement or something.....

Replies

• mommy2halfdozen
    mommy2halfdozen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Can you have a yard sale and then shop good will or other yard sales. That is what I have been doing.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I've heard about some kind of a button thingie that you attach to the jeans so you can either wear a size that is too small or a size that is too big. Sadly I don't remember what it was called and I haven't seen any here in Canada (The US get all the cool gadgets!)
  • BBAlvarez
    Options
    Change your routine of exercise and food. Try eat a variety of foods different from the last day. Don't eat the same breakfast everyday..... and change your exercise routine also. And as far as the clothes... just hang in there... it's always better to have bigger clothes than tight clothes that don't fit right..... swimming in them is alot better than being frustrated about tigh jeans. Also, ask your friends or family if anyone has jeans or clohtes that they don't use anymore. You'd be surprised at what you might get.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am happily losing and doing very well. I have gone down two dress sizes and I am stuck right above dress size number three. I actually pulled my jeans off without unbuttoning them today. These are the jeans that did NOT fit when I started, that I squeeeezed myself into and put up with the pain of them digging into me when I wore them that first day. This is a triumph, but I must admit that I am frustrated because my jeans that are a size 14, that's the next size down, don't fit me yet. I am out of work at the moment and can't spend money on new clothes so I'm stuck in clothes that make me look huge.
    I know this is ridiculous. I should be celebrating getting down to another size, but I'm not quite there yet and I have been hovering at the same weight and not quite size for three weeks.
    I guess I'm looking for some encouragement or something.....

i am in the EXACT same boat, almost word for word. just keep at it and it will happen. spice up your workout and change up your food and see if that helps drop some more inches...:flowerforyou:
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!
    I lost a stone last year and went from being a 16 to an inbetweeny and i would dearly love to fit comfortably and squarely in a 14! (i am 6foot so anything smaller and i'd look like a twiglet). I dont know if this helps but i bought a good qualitypair of leggings (about £10) and have been pretty much living in them over winter with boots and jumpers and wearing them with dresses and ballet pumps if its been warmer!
    That way i dont have to spend money on jeans which (hopefully!) wont fit for very long or which dont fit yet and i have to stare at for another month!

Well done on your weight loss though :)
  • danahake
    danahake Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ebay, thrift stores, borrow from friends, I can understand why you would feel like you do after soo much hard work. Just stare at yourself in the mirror naked or in a swimsuit, that should help life your spirits. where are you located i have some size 16, 14 stuff i need to get rid of, maybe some 12's even. Let me know.
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Oh I hear ya :frown: I always get stuck in between sizes..the size up is too big, size down is too tight. It is so frustrating :( I would recommened what someone else already mentioned, which is spending a few hours shopping some local thrift stores and you will be suprised at some of the nice clothes you will find :) I have a friend who blogs about her clothes, outfits and most of her stuff is thrifted, and i`m always amazed :happy:
  • lizb59
    lizb59 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've heard about some kind of a button thingie that you attach to the jeans so you can either wear a size that is too small or a size that is too big. Sadly I don't remember what it was called and I haven't seen any here in Canada (The US get all the cool gadgets!)

It's the Perfect Fit Button - "As Seen on TV" ha ha ha. https://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/perfect_fit_button_ood_ontv.html
    I'm in the same boat - 16 jeans are too big now. I have 14's - and just lay down to zip them up. Tight pants remind you not to overeat, lol.
  • tammydspice
    Options
    I am in the same place, and it seems i have been here for a bit now. Every time I go down a size i end up right in the middle of a size. So I have been living in work out gear for the past 3 months. Now I don't get out often, 2 small kids, so it really is not that bad I guess. But I would like to look nice now that I have and will continue to lose weight! Too small and too big clothes just make you look bigger, hate that...I call this the F*@K you stage of weight loss!!
  • tammydspice
    Options
    Oh and leggings...lots of leggings and dresses and sweaters!! Love the leggings!!
  • chefswife1975
    chefswife1975 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Too small and too big clothes just make you look bigger, hate that...I call this the F*@K you stage of weight loss!!

I love it! Hilarious! :laugh:
  • chefswife1975
    chefswife1975 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I just needed to vent. I am really adventurous with cooking and my husband is a chef who is also doing the lifestyle change, he's down 45 pounds! so I have a very varied diet and since I'm lucky enough to live in southern California I get to leave the house and go hiking in addition to the gym. It's just one of those humps, I guess. I'm losing inches rather than pounds at the moment, which is great, but it's not happening fast enough. Like tammydspice said, it's the F*@K you stage...I am so stealing that btw. :happy:
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!
    I lost a stone last year and went from being a 16 to an inbetweeny and i would dearly love to fit comfortably and squarely in a 14! (i am 6foot so anything smaller and i'd look like a twiglet). I dont know if this helps but i bought a good qualitypair of leggings (about £10) and have been pretty much living in them over winter with boots and jumpers and wearing them with dresses and ballet pumps if its been warmer!
    That way i dont have to spend money on jeans which (hopefully!) wont fit for very long or which dont fit yet and i have to stare at for another month!

Well done on your weight loss though :)
    leggings and yoga pants are me absolute go-to for bottoms! you can dress them down for a busy day or dress them up for going out, plus I can work out in them! I <3 Old navy Go-ga pants, such cute patterns!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i agree with leggings. they are my life saver at the moment, the waistband on my size 12 (uk 12) are very very loose but a size 10 is a little snug! lol! leggings, jumper dresses/ tunics and knee high boots are my staple wardrobe at the moment! once ive lost the these last few pounds i will invest in some newer things