Men's wedding Bands

Options
Amber030583
Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
Ok, so this is something I have been wondering for awhile. I got engaged back in May and I think the ring I got my fiance' is pretty bad *kitten* however I have not shown it to him. I am just wondering if there are any myths with showing it or what you guys think. We have been focusing on getting a house and not on a wedding. I am getting ansy. LOL

What do you guys think?

I know, I know off topic from fitness!

Replies

• SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    I would say that if you think it's pretty bad *kitten* - so will he, save it and surprise him!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I went and picked his ring out together...
    I don't like to follow the rules :smile:
    So I say show it
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. My husband picked his own out, so I don't think there is any surprise element to it, usually. :) Do what you feel!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    My wife and I picked out the bands together.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My husband and I pick our rings out together.I would show him.
  • MrsWayne2B
    Options
    We bought our bands together, but I'd say keep it as a suprise since you already bought it and he hasn't seen it (esp since it is bad *kitten*!:love:
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hubs and I picked out his ring together. I don't think there's any 'bad luck', if that's what you're worried about.

I suck at keeping secrets - so there's no way I could have hidden a ring from him for 9 months!! I'm impressed you were!

The only myth's I've ever heard is that he can't see your wedding dress before the ceremony (not even pics!!) and he can't see you after 12:01am on the day of the wedding...

When's the wedding?
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Show it to him. I let my husband pick out his band, and then I got the exact same one. People think it's great that we match!
  • wdugger
    wdugger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My wife picked mine out before the wedding, but showed it to me right after she bought it. I also wore it before the wedding as a commitment thing.
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    I think the surprise element only a girl standard ... everyone I know picked out the guy's ring together ... my ex husband pick out his.
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Did it together...both times. Gotta size it, right? ...and I recommend "comfort fit" for guys.
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I went and picked my husbands out and wanted it to be a surprise, but I got to antsy and showed him. Its a good thing I did because it got sized wrong and it was too big so we were able to get it resized before the wedding :)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Hubby & I picked out wedding bands together a couple months after he surprised me with an engagement ring. I don't believe there's any bad luck associated with him seeing it. So, feel free to show it to him. How awful would it be if you slip on this ring on your wedding day and he's thinking, "Ugh! That's hideous!". You want him to be happy with this ring that he will wear for the rest of his life! Congrats on the upcoming wedding! :flowerforyou:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I don't wear jewelry. I had my wife's name tattooed on my ring finger.
  • tater8589
    Options
    I spent 5 years in the jewelry industry and have never heard any myths with mens wedding bands. That said, I would have him try it on, just incase you need to order a different size, cause that takes time. Congrats btw :smile:
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Are wedding bands something that are supposed to be a surprise? I've never heard that before. My husband and I picked out his band together. But then, my wedding dress hung in its bag in our bedroom for 5 months before the wedding too.
  • tater8589
    Options
    Show it to him. I let my husband pick out his band, and then I got the exact same one. People think it's great that we match!

When my husband and I married we couldn't afford much and we wed with matching tungsten bands. I now have a diamond ring he picked out later (and I must add did an AWESOME job, yay) but I still wear my t band when i don't want to risk my messing up my nice one.
  • T7807
    T7807 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am wondering why my husband will not wear his ring
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of a tradition that means you don't see the rings, its just the Wedding dress and the bride on the day of the Wedding before the ceremony as far as I know.

We picked our rings together, in fact we went to the goldsmith at his workshop and chose the raw metal and then together we worked out designs for both rings. We have engraving on the inside and both are totally handmade. His is hand tooled with a multi faceted surface and mine is a mobius twist to fit next to my engagement ring.

16560_194283353768_658183768_2907643_7893196_n.jpg
  • blondie1238
    Options
    SHOW IT! He picked out my engagement ring, but we picked out our bands together... rather, I picked out mine and he picked out his! What's the harm, especially if you don't know when you're wedding is and you're just itching to show him?? :tongue: