Question for the guys!

Jessibear2854
Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
I need some ideas on what to get my boyfriend for Valentine's Day! We've been together for a year and a half and live together. Neither one of us is very "romantic" and we both agree that Valentine's Day is kinda cheesy, but I still want to do something nice for him. So, what kind of non-cheesy, thoughtful things make you guys feel loved?

Replies

• I need some ideas on what to get my boyfriend for Valentine's Day! We've been together for a year and a half and live together. Neither one of us is very "romantic" and we both agree that Valentine's Day is kinda cheesy, but I still want to do something nice for him. So, what kind of non-cheesy, thoughtful things make you guys feel loved?

That's awesome, me and my wife are the exact same way! lol
    As far as what to get him..hmmmm...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Get a sexy outfit for yourself, if you know what I mean, and show off your weight loss :love:
  • i'm right there with ya chicka. my fiance and i have been together for almost a year and a half , been living together for 9 months and i have not one single clue as to what to get him.
    not to mention he thinks this is a holiday for guys to spend money and for girls to get stuff. lol
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    tickets to ufc fight
    a tattoo
    a new phone droid, iphone
    video games
    sun glasses
    tennis shoes
    massage certificate
    whats he into?
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    I make my husband his favorites for dinner (surf & turf), kick the kids out of the house for the evening, and eat by candelight. He is a sports collector so I sometimes get him something on thea line but usually we don't trade gifts on this day, just spend it together mostly naked.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    This isn't for everyone.. but, I thought it was pretty funny.... my friend called it, "project heart shaped box". She colored her pubic hair red and had the hair waxed into the shape of a heart! :love:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    This isn't for everyone.. but, I thought it was pretty funny.... my friend called it, "project heart shaped box". She colored her pubic hair red and had the hair waxed into the shape of a heart! :love:
    +1
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member

I think she already is a red head.

Are you sure it was your friend ;) usually when people say "my friend did so and so" they are referring to themselves but don't want people to know they are actually talking about themselves
  • This isn't for everyone.. but, I thought it was pretty funny.... my friend called it, "project heart shaped box". She colored her pubic hair red and had the hair waxed into the shape of a heart! :love:

Are you kidding?!?! That's hilarious! (But it would be a cold day in hades before that would happen in my household!)
  • This isn't for everyone.. but, I thought it was pretty funny.... my friend called it, "project heart shaped box". She colored her pubic hair red and had the hair waxed into the shape of a heart! :love:

+2 lol
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member

Hahaha! That's hilarious! I'm a red-head so that would be super easy :)

ETA: I'm super-embarrassed now! LOL
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    Am single so no exact answer but I would think anything that shows you care about him and his specific interests would be perfect.
    If he is into sports maybe something along that line,if cars or motorcycles a gift cert to bike shop maybe.

I would appreciate anything that was thoughtful and meaningful to me.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    The first valentines day my guy and I bought something for each other I got him an engraved keyring that said I love you on one side and the other our initials and the closing date for our house (2 weeks in the future). I bought a new lock set for the front door and put one of the keys on the keyring. He opened it and started shaking and crying!

The next year I got him some Monty Python Killer Bunny slippers. Other gifts have been things like a carved candle that featured his favorite NFL team, a misc selection of flavored teas and a huge "to go" mug for work (he loves ice tea, but likes to change it up occasionally), and last year it was a Blue Ray copy of two of his favorite movies. Never gave him candy or stuffed animals, but always got a suitable card. I try to keep stuff within his interest range so what ever it is gets used instead of shoved in the closet.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member

Are you sure it was your friend ;) usually when people say "my friend did so and so" they are referring to themselves but don't want people to know they are actually talking about themselves

HA! This time, it REALLY was a friend! And for the record, I would have no problem saying it was me if it was! First of all, none of you know me, so why would I care what you think? And second, even if I did know you, I'd still tell it was me! :tongue:
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member

HA! This time, it REALLY was a friend! And for the record, I would have no problem saying it was me if it was! First of all, none of you know me, so why would I care what you think? And second, even if I did know you, I'd still tell it was me! :tongue:

He is just secretly hoping its you :) HAHAH
This discussion has been closed.