Need recommendation for a good Heart Rate Monitor/Calorie Co

llykins
llykins Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I picked up a Sportline S12 Anytouch Pedometer Heart Rate Watch at Wal-mart and it is not completely accurate. The heart rate is accurate but the calorie count is not. I tested it against the elliptical(70 cals for 30 min) this morning and Zumba (170 for an hr. of class) class last night. I have entered my age weight and pertinent information I don't understand why it isn't working...any ideas? If you could recommend a better solution to tracking calories burned please let me know!

Thanks!
Lisa

Replies

• I have a plar ft7 hrm and I am very happy with it. If you can still take the other one back I would reccomend it .

Otherwise there are a few others out their that are good...I can only speak for mine.

One thing to remeber if you do get a poar is that the band needs to be wet to have good contact. Once you get used to that it works great
  • I picked up an Timex Ironman Triathalon heart rate monitor and it's been awesome so far.
  • Thank you for your responses. I am going to take this one back as soon as the roads get cleared!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    i have a Polar FT7 and love it!
  • I got a Sigma p9 Women's. I really like it and it was $60 on amazon. I wanted a women's one since I have very small wrist. Does everything and the chest strap is comfortable.
This discussion has been closed.