Sucks

Options
2»

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Isnt it one of life's travesties that a decent Sauvignon Blanc carries so many damn calories?

Yes it is!! and sugars and carbs too!! Triple Wammo!! a travesty for sure!!!

(I haven't had a glass of wine in... 33 days (but who's counting!!:laugh: )
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Pinot Gris isn't too bad in cals. and then just do a workout so that you can afford a few extra. I myself don't believe in re-corking wine. I think that it's against the rules somewhere. Well at least in my book. :)
  • Bigwig236
    Bigwig236 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Come on Cristy. Just build it into your total. I love wine, would never give it up. But just need to work it off. Im down 15 lbs in a month. This is exercise and good eating, not sacrifice of my two glasses a night. Dieting should still be fun. Not denial. Eat, drink and be merry. But be prepared to sweat it off. Thats my recipe.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've got one of those vacuum thingies that pumps the air out of the bottle and puts a top on it so it'll last in the fridge!

although...ahem....I rarely open a bottle I don't intend to finish!

could be why I switched to boxes....rofl!

One of my friends claims that those things pump mold back into the bottle and cause the wine to spoil faster. I think he is just too darned stubborn to admit that he can't leave a re-corked bottle alone, and this is his excuse for not saving the "leftover" wine!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Well isnt that something. Every respondent here is female as far as I can see. You girls love your wine. And as an admirer of the female mind and intellect, ( body too, but lets not go there) I sense kindered spirits. Tommi, mead? Good lord. I think the secret with a good bottle of wine is never to cork it. Sacriledge. Even Californian wine doesnt deserve that. ( Sorry my US friends, but its way behind Nw Zealand). Now, how the hell do we get the calories down?????

Plan a wine day- should be a Sunday morning. So you can wake late, laze in bed, have some coffee, and then start on the wine all day long.
  • Bigwig236
    Options
    He's spot on. If you open a bottle, finish it. Else its fine for cooking, but not drinking.
  • Bigwig236
    Options
    Mrs McF. If you weren't married.... And I wasnt in love with my gorgeous partner..... One hell of a sunday morning discussion we could have....
  • Tomlette
    Options
    You don't know what mead is?! *gasp* It's only the best form of alcohol consumption in the history of man. And arguably the oldest, too. It's technically considered to be a wine but is actually its own stand-alone beverage. Made from honey, it's characterized by a very sweet flavor and is usually a lovely golden color. Oh, and it very rarely tastes much like alcohol, or any kind of wine you've ever had. A good mead will mess you up real fast, too, or can be enjoyed a glass at a time. Like wine, it's also really easy to make.

Also like wine, it's far from a low-cal drink. *lol* I had a glass tonight after dinner, and added a whopping 300+ calories to my intake, putting me over. So worth it, though....so worth it....When I reach my goal, I will celebrate by finishing some mead I've been hanging on to since Christmas. And for me, that's a REALLY long time!!!

Check out this Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mead
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    We served mead at our wedding :smile: it's amazing.

Hopefully I'll have my new running shoes at the same time as we get our order from WineTasting (BuyWithMe had a great deal -- $35 for $75 worth, if your state allows shipment of wine), so I can be working out for my wine :laugh:

ETA: Link for BuyWithMe deal, in case anyone's interested: http://www.buywithme.com/boston/deals/3988-winetasting?partner=spinback&rtoken=UR3QUN86