200 calorie (or less) Dessert Challenge!

Options
BrattyLori
BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
Hey All! I would LOVE to know how you all satisfy your sweet tooth with dessert recipes for 200 calories or less!

Here's Mine:

Banana Cream Pie 159 cals. Crust: 20 vanilla goldfish & 1/2 tsp butter. Filling: 1/2 very small banana, 1/4 cup almond milk (blended together well), top: slice up other 1/2 banana. Refrigerate until firm.

:flowerforyou:

29 carbs, 5 fat, 1 protein, 113 sodium, 3 sugar

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    can you supply carb and protein values please---as this is very important to me.
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    YUMMY Lori!!! Thanks for sharing! I have a great banana bread recipe that helps me out!! I'll post in a bit!! :love:
  • nilyam75
    Options
    Mini graham cracker pie crust, fat free yogurt (any flavor, I love rasberries) Fat free cool whip mix them too together add into crust and freeze till firm!
  • Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That sound good. I am going to make it tonight. I dont have any low cal dessert recipies so am bumping you to get some:happy:
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    One thing I like is to take an Activia Dessert Yogurt (Vanilla Bean) and freeze it. It's not exactly like ice cream, but I like it. I think it's 140 calories if I'm not mistaken. :smile:

P.S. It comes out the freezer hard, so I nuke mine in the microwave for about 15 secs.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You can just put the ingredients in the New Recipe setting and get all the info you need.
  • mroberts2702
    mroberts2702 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is my fav!!!

Chocolate Eclair Dessert (Vegetarian, Dessert)
    Number of Servings
    Ingredients
    •24 Low fat graham crackers (about 1 box)
    •2 boxes (small) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
    •4 1/2 cups skim milk
    •12-ounce Cool Whip Lite (thawed)
    •1 box (small) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding

Instructions
    Place 8 crackers in bottom of 13x9 pan. Mix vanilla puddings and 3 cups of milk well; let sit 2 minutes. Gently fold in Cool Whip Lite. Pour half on graham crackers. Top with another 8 crackers. Pour remaining pudding mixture over crackers. Top with last 8 crackers. Mix the small instant chocolate pudding with 1 1/2 cups skim milk. Let sit 2 minutes. Spread over graham crackers. Let sit 6 hours or overnight in refrigerator to soften crackers. Strawberries may be served on top for garnish.

Nutrition Information
    121 Calories; 3g Fat (26.8% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 179mg Sodium
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    56 calorie brownies.

These were adapted from Allrecipes.com "Best Brownies" that was in the top 10 recipes for 2010.
    Makes 16 brownies

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1/2 cup Equal Spoonfuls (or equivalent other sweetener)
    1/2 cup egg beaters
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
    Stir together applesauce, sugars, egg beaters, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared 9" pan.
    Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.

Cut into 16 squares.
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    Bump
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    Bananas are awesome for sweet cravings.
    My favorite is to cut a banana in half and put each half on a popsicle stick. Then roll it in a splenda/cinnamon mixture. Wrap it in foil and put them in the freezer for 30 minutes. The other one I usually pull out about 10 minutes before I want it.
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    I'm not a great baker... so I usually buy the Klondike 100 calories ice cream sandwiches or the Smartones frozen desserts!

I do also make "No Pudge" brownies once in a while which are only about 110 calories a pop. I also love Angel food cake (only about 130 calories) and a vegan friend of mine told me a trick. She makes all of her cakes with just applesauce and no eggs or milk. It cuts WAY down on calories. I've tried a Funfetti cake she made this way and it was delicious! I think I'm going to make my own birthday cake this year using her trick!

Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    56 calorie brownies.

These were adapted from Allrecipes.com "Best Brownies" that was in the top 10 recipes for 2010.
    Makes 16 brownies

1/2 cup white sugar
    1/2 cup egg beaters
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
    Stir together applesauce, sugars, egg beaters, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared 9" pan.

Cut into 16 squares.

I might have to make this recipe this weekend!
  • sctracy
    sctracy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    These all sound so good! Every single night after dinner I have one graham cracker, broken into pieces, with a 60 cal chocolate pudding and half a banana. Does the job and it's 178 calories :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Made this last night with nonfat milk and only 2 TBSP sugar and it was really good!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dave-lieberman/arborio-rice-pudding-recipe/index.html

NI for just the pudding:

Calories 163
    Carbs 31
    Protein 6
    Fat 2
    Fiber 1
    Sodium 64

I topped with light Cool Whip -- 1 serving adds 20 calories, 3 carbs, 1 fat.

I probably would have added another TBSP of sugar to the rice pudding if I hadn't had the Cool Whip!
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Never tried this but seeing this post had me looking for desserts! I came across this http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/apple_confit.html
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    56 calorie brownies.

Makes 16 brownies

1/2 cup white sugar
    1/2 cup egg beaters
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Cut into 16 squares.

Wow. I thought my no pudge brownies were good at 110 calories. I am definitely making these. Might even go out and buy the ingredients so I can make them tonight! Thanks!
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I make the fat free Jello pudding mix - any flavor. The mix it self has 25 cal per serving. I use 2% milk so that adds 65 cal per serving. Top it with fat free Cool Whip for another 20 cal. Comes to a grand total of 110 cal/serving.

To keep from eating the entire package I portion it out into wine glasses. I also try to take my time with slow, tiny spoonfuls so it will last longer. A baby spoon would be great, but my kiddos are long past that phase.
  • aryaw
    aryaw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I make this quite often and it makes 12 cupcakes and it doesn't require butter or eggs!

Magic Cupcakes - 157 calories per cupcake

1-1/2 cups unbleached flour
    3/4 cup sugar or other sweetener
    1/2 tsp. Salt
    1 tsp. Baking soda
    3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder (I used 4)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/3 cup vegetable oil (or applesauce. I used oil)
    1 tablespoon vinegar
    1 cup cold water

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder in a bowl and stir with a fork until mixed. Make a well in the center and add the vanilla, oil, vinegar, and water. Stir with a fork until well mixed. Spray your pan with cooking spray. Pour into a 9x9-inch baking dish, or cupcake pan, or bundt pan and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (15 min for cupcake and 30 if making a small cake)
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My Banana Bread

1 cup all purpose flour
    1 cup Bob's Red Mill - 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour
    1 cup Splenda - Sugar Substitute - Granulated
    2 tsp Baking Powder
    1 tsp Arm & Hammer - Pure Baking Soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    4-5 ripe - Banana - Med
    2 tsp generic canola oil
    2 large eggs, scrambled
    1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce

For Batter: preheat over to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray bread loaf pan (i used one 9 x 5 x 3 inch pan) combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and make a well. mix together all wet ingredients in separate bowl. add wet ingredients to dry ingredients all at once. combine only until just wet. do NOT over stir!

For Streusel Topping:
    3 tsp Light Brown Sugar
    2 Tbsp Sweet Cream Unsalted Butter
    1 Tbsp flour

combine 3 ingredients in small bowl using a pastry cutter. sprinkle over top of batter in loaf pan. bake for 50-60 min. let rest 5 minutes before finish cooling on baking rack.

Per Serving: calories 176 carbs 39 fat 3 protein 5 sodium 271 fiber 4

(calculated using one large loaf cut into 11 slices)