Things can only get better!!........*Apply within*

"You can walk my path....you can wear my shoes!!"...D:Ream had a good point with this song and we should take note of the cheesy pop song a lot more often than we think!

This one won't be as long as the last post I don't think but feel free to grab that Pint of water like last time!! :)

I have spotted a few posts and talked to a few friends on here who are pissed off, there upset, down and angry and to a certain extent they have every right to be! There not losing weight, the scales are't budging, there not losing inches and they are getting fed up. There is however one major thing that is improving every day! that may not be there waistline right now...it's their mindset, their outcome on life.

The scale may not move this week or this month, but if you are doing everything you should then every week is a success story in itself, because you have the mental change over, from what got you to the size you were, to what's getting you to the size YOU ARE GOING TO BE!!

Now I hate caps lock but that last bit was needed as yes I am shouting!! You CAN and WILL get there because the thing that needed to change the most has.....YOU!

You have become a healthy person and well done, for that a medal you surely deserve!!!

You have replaced the bad choices for healthy ones, you are working out! (respect to the Zumba ladies!! you girls really bust'a'move!!!! :)) you are active and I would guess a lot more happy. The fact that you now look at food, exercise and your lifestyle in general in a totally different light is something we sometimes push to one side because it isn't something we think we can measure like our weight, but let me tell you it is JUST as important.

So to all of you that are having a hard time at the min and are doing everything they did before, you are not doing anything wrong, you are actually doing everything RIGHT!!

Don't give up people because with your new mindset.....THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER!!!! :smile:

Ben.

Replies

• Great post! And +1 for the Yoda quote! lol
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    I like it! And that's totally true. I may get knocked down on a weekly basis right now and I have a sinking feeling that i'm going to have to battle really hard to get any sort of loss from now on... but I have definitely learned that food is fuel, not love.
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Great post, TY!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    I hope everyone reads this and REALLy thinks about it...I'm a super slow loser by choice, I have a busy life :D So yea, the scale is not moving as quickly as I'd like, but I've first hand experienced the better energy and the happiness that comes with it and let me tell you, my lifestyle is officially changed :)

My hope/wish/dream is that we all see that and keep going because of it!!!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    food is fuel, not love.

Good way of putting it!!
  • Awsesome. Thanks for that, needed that today!
    Im glad you call you a friend!
  • spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Thanks for taking the time to write the positive post :-) I am still a Newbie and learning so much everyday and post like this just makes ME WANT TO STRIVE EVEN HARDER !!!! I know it is for my Well Being For The Rest Of My Life ! I am so Happy I found this site !
  • The fact that you now look at food, exercise and your lifestyle in general in a totally different light is something we sometimes push to one side because it isn't something we think we can measure like our weight, but let me tell you it is JUST as important.

I’ll take it further and say it’s more important, the internal change. Because it is the internal change that moves us from losing weight to living with a healthy weight. And I’d also say, that anyone who is really complaining about the numbers on the scale simply hasn’t gotten there yet. They haven’t made the mental shift. But in time, they will.
  • Ben2118
    The fact that you now look at food, exercise and your lifestyle in general in a totally different light is something we sometimes push to one side because it isn't something we think we can measure like our weight, but let me tell you it is JUST as important.

I’ll take it further and say it’s more important, the internal change. Because it is the internal change that moves us from losing weight to living with a healthy weight. And I’d also say, that anyone who is really complaining about the numbers on the scale simply hasn’t gotten there yet. They haven’t made the mental shift. But in time, they will.

I think a lot of people will have already made the shift, but just do not realise it as they are blinded by the number on the scale. But yea I agree with you on the "living with it" part.
  • Ben2118

My hope/wish/dream is that we all see that and keep going because of it!!!

Me too, its hard enough doing what everyone here is doing and when something doesn't go to plan its always good to remember we are making the right choices for the long term, it isn't a quick fix!
  • Ben2118
    Bump for anyone with the Monday morning Blues!