i'M SO CONFUSED

angela828
angela828 Posts: 498 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay so I'm confused

Scale says I weight 205.. hasn't changed in well over a week
Gold's Gym game (w Wii Fit board as scale) says I weigh 182
Wii Fit (w Wii Fit board as scale) says i weigh 192

WHAT DO I GO BY? I hate this, it is so confusing. I just want my exact weight.

Replies

• I would jus stick to one scale:):smile:
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Wow, that's a big discrepancy. Maybe you could run by your drs office and weigh then adjust the others.
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    If your grocery store has a scale, I'd go there and weigh yourself and see what it says because those have to be accurate. It also depends on what you are wearing when on the scale obviously. I would say your scale is more accurate than the wii games though.
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Just put a hand weight on your scale to see if it's accurate.
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Just put a hand weight on your scale to see if it's accurate.

i work in a hospital and this is how we check our scales.. give it a shot!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    I personally would test something on my home scale (hand weight like mentioned by other poster), make sure it's accurate (or adjust if if need be) and go by that one. The scales for games like Wii aren't as dependable, IMHO.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    wow um those are huge discrepancies.

Are they all digital? is the one you own old? I realized a little over a week ago there was no way my scale could be accurate and it was true. i'm 12 pounds more than I thought which sucked but it is what it is.

maybe purchase a new one and go by just that one?

and only weigh yourself at the same time everyday. if you're at the gym - i'm assuming you have had intake of water and or food already?

and another test is using weights. harder to do when digital though
  • jackier19
    jackier19 Posts: 24 Member
    And it also depends on what you were wearing and at what time all the weights were taken. I go by one scale. And I weigh myself in the morning (before any food or drink) wearing the same clothes. And I'm not sure about the wii board but check and see if calibration has anything to do with it. It may need to be adjusted!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    If your grocery store has a scale, I'd go there and weigh yourself and see what it says because those have to be accurate. It also depends on what you are wearing when on the scale obviously. I would say your scale is more accurate than the wii games though.

why does it have to be accurate? i mean is this a law or something? i've never even seen scales at our grocery stores around here
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    i weighed myself within 45 minutes on all 3... in the same exact clothing (spaghetti strap tank and leggings).

... I don't know what to do. I live in PA for school so going to the doctor in NJ 2 hours ago is not an option. I've been going by the scale for the past few weeks just because I wanted to stick to one but then tried out the other two for the heck of it.

I just bought the scale 3 weeks ago too.
  • bafe
    bafe Posts: 15 Member
    pick one. Frankly I would pick the most flattering one and dream!!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    I agree just use the one scale. Don't rely on your doctors scale being correct either, My doctors weighs me 5 kilo heavier.
  • i weighed myself within 45 minutes on all 3... in the same exact clothing (spaghetti strap tank and leggings).

... I don't know what to do. I live in PA for school so going to the doctor in NJ 2 hours ago is not an option. I've been going by the scale for the past few weeks just because I wanted to stick to one but then tried out the other two for the heck of it.

I just bought the scale 3 weeks ago too.

Did you use put a hand weight on the scale? I just tried, I was curious how accurate my scale is, I had to put 2-5lbs & a 2-3lbs to get it to read. But it had it at 17lbs... only 1 lb off.
  • Yes your house scale just one scale and weight at the sametime. In the mornings after you go to the rr.. I do that at least 5 times a week.. :)
This discussion has been closed.