calories burned?

Options
I noticed lot of people burn 700 plus calories here I am lucky to burn 300-400 calories makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong lol.

Replies

• LesleyCupcakes
    Options
    I guess it depends on the type of exercise you do. I burn more calories doing high intense workouts rather than just walking somewhere. X
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is with me doing personal training and doing elpitcal every other day and I really push myself but I only do elptical for 35 minutes on tues/thursday.
  • NurseLizzy
    Options
    You can burn alot of calories with fun work outs like Turbo kickbox (500+ cal/hr) or Bikram Yoga (900+cal/90 min)....but any calories burned are beneficial & help you reach your goal! :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Also- you are already very small- you have a lower capacity to burn calories
  • adkmountainguy
    adkmountainguy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how much you weigh. As you weigh less, MFP calculates your calorie burn at a lower rate because your body is able to work more efficiently.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    As a previous poster stated your size also determines the burn .... I can burn over 200 calories with 15 minutes of powerwalking but I also am starting at 400lbs
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    It also has to do with your age, weight, etc... Looking at your profile pic, you are much lighter and will therefor burn fewer calories at the same exercise in the same timeframe as a heavier person.
  • Marblejax
    Options
    If you are burning 300-400 calories that is a good workout. If you walk at a rate of 4.0 miles an hour, this is 155 calories for 30 min. guess if you think about house work and gardening, or your physical activity throughout the day....you burn more. I pulled my 36 lb. grandson around the hilly path I normally just walk today...I know I was working harder because I was having trouble breathing and talking simultaneously. I charted it as walking.
    You will get results. If you cut your portions and add the work out. Make sure you are winded but can still talk and you are at a fat burning pace. As you get in better shape, your walk or run become a little easier. Good Luck
    Darla
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I usually burn 300-400 in a day through exercise. I don't actually "work out" separately from my normal activity (except for strength training); I walk around town and ride my bike to work (don't have a car...), so my calorie burn actually gets split up into smaller chunks throughout the day.

They say the best exercise is an exercise you enjoy and (this is most important) will keep performing!! So even if you're only getting 300 calories in a day, you're still getting exercise! Some people can do 1000 cals at once, but I don't find those sorts of workouts enjoyable personally, so I'd never last with a routine like that...
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!