Mint iced tea

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
A coworker of mine gave me some fresh mint so the first thing I thought was MINT iced tea baby!!!!!
But I knew that I couldn't do it the way I used to that was with tons and tons of regular old sugar. So I used what splenda I had left and then made up the difference with stevia.
I took 2 quarts of boiling water threw in 10-15 tea bags(whatever strenght you want it) as well as a big mint bunch. I let it steep for about 10 minutes till it cooled enough to pull the bags and mint out with my hands. I then put in the splenda/stevia and added more water to make a gallon. Its wonderfully refreshing on a hot summer day!!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    A coworker of mine gave me some fresh mint so the first thing I thought was MINT iced tea baby!!!!!
    But I knew that I couldn't do it the way I used to that was with tons and tons of regular old sugar. So I used what splenda I had left and then made up the difference with stevia.
    I took 2 quarts of boiling water threw in 10-15 tea bags(whatever strenght you want it) as well as a big mint bunch. I let it steep for about 10 minutes till it cooled enough to pull the bags and mint out with my hands. I then put in the splenda/stevia and added more water to make a gallon. Its wonderfully refreshing on a hot summer day!!!!