Daily Calorie Deficit

Options
So, in my Goals, it has Daily Calorie Deficit. What does that actually mean? Is that how much I'm supposed to eat under my projected calories for the day? Or is that how much MFP has averaged for me? It says my Daily Calorie Deficit is 630! So if I'm supposed to eat 630 calories less than my projected which is 1200, I should only eat 570! And then exercise? If that is my average, that is probably right after all the exercising I have been doing. Please help!

Replies

• kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    that is the difference between the number of calories you are projected to burn and the number of calories you are projected to consume. If your daily deficit is 630 calories, then you are supposed to be burning 630 calories a day if you eat and exercise how they project you should. If a pound of fat is 3,500 calories, then every week you should burn about one pound of fat. Hope this helps!
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    No, they're telling you that 1200 is 630 (or whatever that number was!) calories lower than you need to maintain your current weight.

When you exercise, MFP will add the calories you burn back to your totals for the day -- you're expected to eat those calories back so you don't go below a NET intake of 1200 (your body will slow down your digestion and store what you eat if you go too low).

E.G. - if you were to burn 300 calories exercising, MFP will add 300 calories to your daily goal, so they'll expect you to eat 1500 calories. Your net will still be 1200, and 630 calories BELOW your "maintenance" calorie level.