Movie time

Options
I'm going to the movies tonight... I've already had a good, healthy dinner.. and today i treated myself to a york for my chocolate.. I do have calories left over but i don't want to go over my sodium with the popcorn ...
what do i do? do i not eat? diet soda?

Replies

• SophisticatedLady
    Options
    If you want popcorn, have popcorn! At most theaters you can ask for less or no butter and salt. The numbers on Fitness Pal are just an estimate, so watching what you eat is okay, but you don''t have to worry about every calorie or gram of sodium if you are consistently eating well.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the movie!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I usually carry popcorn with me. Trader Joe's and Fresh & Easy have this great organic popcorn. One is made with olive oil. But you probably didn't want to hear that option.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Just be aware, movie theatre popcorn is loaded with fat and saturated fat, even if you ask for no butter.

here's one link.
    http://citygirlbites.com/blog/archives/399

there's more if you google for it.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Occasionaly it's not going to hurt. As said before, if you are consistently eating healthy then don't worry about it. Treat yourself to your popcorn and enjoy your night.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I really think it bad form to tell someone that has JUST started their weight loss journey and lost 7 pounds to just go ahead and eat movie theatre popcorn.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I wish I could find this low calorie popcorn everyone talks about. Seems every time I look for it it is LOADED with calories and fat AND sodium.....lol

If I were you, I wouldnt touch it. Just take your own measured snacks to snack on, if you must. Other than that, just enjoy the movie with a bottle of water ;)
  • newnicole
    Options
    i stuck to a fiber bar before the movie! stayed under but i did have a lot of peanut butter : /
    oh well. better than chocolate! and buttery popcorn!
    thanks guys
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    twizzlers.... yummmmmmmmmm