new...help

Options
I'm pretty new to mfp...love it so far. I've been exploring the site but would like tips on the best things that are helpful to you and shouldn' tmiss out on...It seems like it has so much to offer and everyone that is on it are great. Thanks ahead of time for your help

Replies

• alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I really like the Food Database ..... You can look almost anything out there and its in there unless its something new. I am new last month and really learning about choices I make. Sometimes you think something is healthy and its really now.
  • Caz_Mnaz
    Caz_Mnaz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm also a newbie. Am LOVING being able to see just how good/bad my foods are! have been shocked a few times, its really great to make you think about what your putting into your body.

Im overeight by several stone...although everyone says I dont look it, I still need to get it shifted. Lost a stone in a year, but now I appear to have hit the dreaded wall! i do high impact exercise DVD's at least 5 times a week for about an hour, and have been watching what I eat but to no avail. Am hoping to pick up a few new tips :) I dont eat take-out, or ready meals, or sweets, or crisps or biscuits so I'm struggling to know what to do next! I also rarely drink once I found out just how many calories are in acohol (yikes!)

hoping to share hints and tips and poss even recipes as I love cooking :):smile: