THROWING UP

Options
I'm doing Jillian Micheals last chance workout. I started out slow doing some moves and every day I push myself a little more. Today while working out I almost threw up. I ate an hour before and had water at that time too. So why did I almost puke?

Replies

• muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Over exertion. It's not uncommon. Take it a little easier next time as you're apparently not *quite* ready for whatever it is you're doing.
  • heb14
    heb14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen to me if I push myself too hard during a workout, especially if I've eaten prior, even an hour. I'd usually stick to two or so hours beforehand. It's also almost happened when I'm not breathing throughout my workout. Weird, but true. Maybe the cause of yours, and maybe not!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I've never done that workout, but if I run hard too soon after a meal I feel like throwing up too. I suggest waiting at least 2 hours, and making sure it's a light meal if you're planning to workout soon after. Too much food, especially heavy food, will just sit there and bounce around while you exercise and it's bound to feel like coming up instead of down! Gross, I know, but just try again a little later after a meal, drink water before during and after, and I think you'll feel better! Plus, Jillian just kicks *kitten* anyway!!!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's pretty normal if you're really really pushing yourself, even if you haven't eaten all that recently.
  • rdy2begin
    Options
    I've never done that workout, but if I run hard too soon after a meal I feel like throwing up too. I suggest waiting at least 2 hours, and making sure it's a light meal if you're planning to workout soon after. Too much food, especially heavy food, will just sit there and bounce around while you exercise and it's bound to feel like coming up instead of down! Gross, I know, but just try again a little later after a meal, drink water before during and after, and I think you'll feel better! Plus, Jillian just kicks *kitten* anyway!!!

Agreed !" Plus, Jillian just kicks *kitten* anyway!!!" Dbl agreed:smile:
  • Puggsly
    Puggsly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I was in the service, throwing up on a long run was fairly common. Just kinda peeled off the beaten path for a second and continued on. Never had any lasting effects. Well, except for quitting running and gaining 100 pounds.
  • kspedsrn
    kspedsrn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It happened to me last night also. I was in a kickboxing class and the instructor made us ran tons and really pushed me. Thought I was going to puke but I didn't eat prior to going. It happens lots on biggest loser also.