WHAT IS THE QUICKEST WAY YOU CAN SEE RESULTS IN A DIET?

I'VE TRIED MANY THINGS BUT I WANT TO SEE RESULTS LIKE IN THE FIRST WEEK...WHAT CAN I TAKE OR DO HOW HOW CAN I KEEP UP WITHOUT STOPPING ????

:sad: :brokenheart:

Replies

• I'VE TRIED MANY THINGS BUT I WANT TO SEE RESULTS LIKE IN THE FIRST WEEK...WHAT CAN I TAKE OR DO HOW HOW CAN I KEEP UP WITHOUT STOPPING ????

:sad: :brokenheart:
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Unfortunately, dieting and exercising is not an overnight thing. Trust me on this one. I have tried EVERYTHING. The old-fashioned way is the only way. Of course, you could use laxatives or resort to eating disorders, but that is dangerous and you probably wouldn't keep the weight off. Unfortunately, there is nothing easy about it or everyone would do it. Exercising daily and eating well will make you FEEL RESULTS not just see them. I have been working out for 5 weeks now and I have seen minimal results. I FEEL them though, and that is keeping me going!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Wouldn’t it be great if we could go to bed one night and all the weight were gone the next morning. Or at least enough weight for our clothes to be at least too big.
    Unfortunately it wont happen. Like I have said many times before we didn’t gain it over night so we can’t lose it over night. It takes time. There is no “Magic Bullet” I am sorry to say. Time is going to pass….it always does…..we can’t stop it. Make use of that time and before you know it you will start to see results and then one day down the road you will wake up and be at your goal weight.
    It took me close to 2 years to lose the 171 pounds that I have lost. I have kept it off now for 3 years. This is the second time I have lost this much weight. I had NO surgery to lose the weight either time. No lap-ban no nothing….just will power. It wasn’t always easy but I did it and you can too.
    It isn’t going to be easy for me to keep it off either but I WILL DO IT. I have to. I refuse to be big again.
    You just have to make up your mind that you will do it and before you know it you will start to see results and you will feel and look so much better. You will be glad you stuck with it and did what it took to get there.
    Don’t dwell on the time it is taking. Just push that out of your mind and get to work doing what you need to do to lose the weight. It can be done and YOU CAN DO IT!! In the end you will be so glad you did it too.
    Hang in there and come here often. We are here for you.
    Good Luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    One of my favorite work outs is on Tuesday nights, when I crank on the TV and watch Biggest loser and at the same time cracking out the miles on the treadmill.
    These people are put in a camp away from family and friends and are then made to workout 5 to 8 hours each day with a trainer and a person who watches their diet, and gives them classes regarding weight loss.
    Even with this amount of help, these people are only losing around 5 pounds a week.
    YES some see a huge weight loss. in the 9 to 15 pound range in one week. But then the next week they see that they only lose 3 to 4 pounds.
    I have a friend that went the way of tummy band. With the lack of calories that she can eat, yes she is losing weight, but still only about 5 to 6 pounds a week is a TOP weight loss for her.
    The only way to lose more weight FAST is to spend 30,000.00 or more and try your luck with Liposuction surgery. But even with that, if you keep eating and not exercising, it will not be long before you have to have it done again.
    My BIGGEST advice to making the weight loss exercise thing go quicker, is to make it fun. If you HATE running then DON'T RUN! Walk instead, ride a bike, dance, and roller skate, play ball, and basically act like a kid again. When you are out of breath from giggling fun, you are burning more calories then you think you are and you did not even notice it!
    Good luck, we are all here for you.
    --Diann...
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Nellie19,

IMHO, that is a scary way to look at it. The idea isn't to loose as much as you can as quickly as you can, even if it involves pills and other things. The idea is to loose the weight while eating right, gaining a healthy lifestyle, and learning how to live healthier because living healthy means the weight STAYS off.

Besides the obvious danger of using pills and crash diets to loose weight (and they are numerous), if you loose weight too fast, you don't train your new body how to live with itself, you aren't changing habits. the first few weeks or months of weight loss is a major shock to a body, a lot of the time this is why you loose the weight, once the shock wears off, then you know how your body is reacting to the new lifestyle. If you crash diet or take pills, you aren't allowing your body the time to adjust to anything, also you are most likely depriving your body of things it needs to function correctly. This leads to all kinds of health issues. I hope you keep these words in mind as you go forward Nellie.
    Best of Luck!
  • THANX PALS :smile: .HOW OFTEN SHOULD I USE LAXITIVES IN ORDER TO SEE RESULTS?? I'M TRYING TO LOOSE WEIGHT FOR A WEDDING IN DECEMBER
  • Loretta_Jo
    Every time I read that you have lost 171 pounds I am just amazed...you must be soooo proud. That is such an accomplishment. (I have about 100 to lose.)
  • banks1850
    This is a joke right? Or some kid trying to be smart?

People die from doing that kind of stuff you know!
  • cardgrl
    Nellie, obviously you missed my point. If you were to use laxatives, you might as well be bulimic or anorexic. The only results you will see is the weight loss from your empty colon. The bottom line here is that there is NO WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT THE FAST WAY. Diann had it right when she said you can get gastric bypass or liposuction. I have tried EVERYTHING, and the only way to do it is to eat right and live right. No amount of laxatives I ever took could make up for the hundreds of bags of potato chips I ate in my lifetime. Starving doesn't work either. Your body will store fat because it doesn't know the next time it is going to get any food. Please...give the site a chance, read the message boards, exercise, and follow the calorie plan. If all goes well, you can lose ten pounds by the wedding and people will tell you how terrific you look!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    This is a joke right? Or some kid trying to be smart?

People die from doing that kind of stuff you know!

The caps lock is a clue...
  • banks1850
    dunno Razboo,
    if it's a joke then look at this post from the same poster.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1650-dieting-stress-and-high-blood-pressure

I think this person just doesn't understand that Caps lock = Yelling

AND
    she/he doesn't understand how twisted it is to ask people on a healthy fitness sight about laxitives as a weight loss tool. Especially when many of them have probably battled weight related diseases and sickness in the past.
  • Hi! I was just thought I'd let you know that I have done the diet pill/laxative diet.... and I ended up losing about 30 lbs over a period of a few months.... but when I started to wean myself off the pills I ended up gaining about 55 lbs. While, it's a nice feeling while you're losing... you would have to stay permanently hooked on those things in order to keep the weight off, and then you end up getting smaller and smaller and that gets dangerous...

Just hit the gym like the rest of us... You may not lost 50 lbs in a day, but you're body will look better (for instance, no hangy skin like I had... the gym takes care of that!!) and you'll feel better in the long run.

Don't start using that stuff.. you're better than that.
    Good luck!
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Nellie19:
    This site is for people who are concerned about their health and wish to live a healthy lifestyle - including a healthy weight whether it be weight loss, weight gain or maintaining a healthy weight.

I can't speak for everyone because I have no way of knowing, but I have a strong suspicion that there is virtually no one on this site who is here for a fad, trend, gimic or 'trick' such as laxatives or bulimia.

We know that this is a life change and a lifestyle. So if you plan on getting results and support from this website you need to be real and set realistic goals using healthy practices.
  • cardgrl
    Thank you everyone!
  • cardgrl
    Hi! I was just thought I'd let you know that I have done the diet pill/laxative diet.... and I ended up losing about 30 lbs over a period of a few months.... but when I started to wean myself off the pills I ended up gaining about 55 lbs. While, it's a nice feeling while you're losing... you would have to stay permanently hooked on those things in order to keep the weight off, and then you end up getting smaller and smaller and that gets dangerous...

Just hit the gym like the rest of us... You may not lost 50 lbs in a day, but you're body will look better (for instance, no hangy skin like I had... the gym takes care of that!!) and you'll feel better in the long run.

Don't start using that stuff.. you're better than that.
    Good luck!

And Katharine, welcome and thank goodness you are still here!
  • Here are a few important points about laxitive use.

If you use laxitives they dehydrate you. They pull water into your colon to flush the colon out. That spells water loss not fat loss. It may help with fat loss later because your flushing all of the nutrients out as well. But why put yourself in a constant state of dehydration... your body has to have water to survive.

You lose very important electrolytes when you use laxitives. We all know salt follows water. Salt is not the only electrolyte lost with laxitives. There are potassium, chloride, and others. They play major roles in heart and kidney function. Why put your heart and kidneys (among other organs) at risk.

Laxitives are meant for OCCASIONAL use to relieve constipation. The more they are used, the more the body depends on them just to have a bowel movement. The more you use them, the more you need them.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    I'm naturally cynical, and I shouldn't be.

Nellie, or should I say Woah, Nellie!! I have never, not anywhere, not ever seen or read anything that would support the use of laxitives as a means of losing weight. The only healthy method is a steady and balanced approach such as that which is generally discussed on this website.

If you want to be all flabby and floppy, the prettiest dress is not going to make you look good when you look ill. You will end up sick or worse. (There I go again... Ok...)

How it's working for me:

Weight loss is something that I have to approach a day at a time. I'm very pleased with how it's going for me, but it has taken weeks to get to this point and I have many weeks to go. In my case, I find it discouraging to even think about future weeks. I need to take it a day at a time. If I start flipping the calendar and seeing what weight I might be down to by Christmas, it can be more depressing to me than inspirational.

And, above all, I must have patience and discipline. I've been tempted to fast and skip meals and drink nothing but liquids, but I realize this will harm me in the long run. If I do not actually get sick, then the bounce-back of the weight would be worse than what I lost. This I know because I trust the many informed opinions I read here and these are all supported by everything else I've ever read or heard.

There is really only one way and there are no quick fixes. Please try to get on track with this program. You will soon feel better about yourself than ever.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Hi Nellie!
    Just to let you know that I've lost consistently and a lot of weight quickly using this site, and following eating all my calories a day.
    If you watched Biggest Loser this week, the guy who upped his calorie count actually lost a lot. He was really surprised. He had to eat more to lose! He just had to eat smaller portions of healthy food more often throughout the day.
    If you follow the recommended goals on this site and stick to it, log all your food including every little spoonful of oil, do your exercise amount listed on here, you will lose!!!!
    Have lots of low-cal snacks around, like low fat puddings, flavored rice cakes, apples, eat good protein without the fat - just carve off the fat on steak or pork , or take the chicken skin off before you cook it, turkey is great for losing weight - I buy the turkey breast in small packages and it makes a really nice meal. Stay away from chips! lol :bigsmile: or buy the baked potato chip versions, they are a lot lower fat. Check your labels before buying stuff. You can do it Nellie! Here's to you. :drinker: