where should i move?

Options
2»

Replies

• bahrainbel
    Options
    Move to one of the Southern states, those accents are amazing :-)
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Portland, Oregon.

My girls and my wife were all born and raised here. Somebody mentioned the Stae tax, but didn't mention that there is no sales tax. I grew up in Southern California and move to Portland in 1987. It's a great place to raise kids.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Florida, it is great down here in the Tampa area

do you know anything about the school system in Tampa?? how about housing? :)
  • samrockrocks
    Options
    Portland, Oregon.

My girls and my wife were all born and raised here. Somebody mentioned the Stae tax, but didn't mention that there is no sales tax. I grew up in Southern California and move to Portland in 1987. It's a great place to raise kids.

how about the school system? :)
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would hesitate to recommend Texas because of education cuts (surprise) and good 'ol Rick Perry :grumble:
    I live in Houston and we're not all that "Texan," though...lol

Any specific location likes? Water, nature, beach, big city, arts, etc?
  • samrockrocks
    Options
    Any specific location likes? Water, nature, beach, big city, arts, etc?

I hate big cities like Chicago. I HATE them! And I am so tired of the snow and the extreme cold. I love the sunshine! But I don't like uncomfortably hot weather, either. I don't want to live in a huge city, but I don't want to live in the middle of nowhere either. Maybe a suburb or a suburb of a suburb. It's really hard to decide where I'd want to live when all I've known is my hometown, you know?
  • samrockrocks
    Options
    any one else have any thoughts?? :)
  • samrockrocks
    Options
    surely someone else has a thought!