MMMMM....Lobster!

Options
Hey All! Hope all you dads had a great Father's Day! My husband was greeted home from work by a few fellas...he and I split 4 Maine lobsters to celebrate his greatness! We could only get the 3-year-old to eat some with us. The two older one's turned up their noses. Oh well, their loss! Little confused as to the calorie content of lobster. Here says a Maine lobster has 98 calories for a whole one, while other sites say there's almost 300 calories in just 4 ounces. They were 1 1/4 pounders, and the seafood person said to halve that for how much you'd get for meat. Does that sound right?

How did everyone else celebrate their day?

Replies

• ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Hope all you dads had a great Father's Day! My husband was greeted home from work by a few fellas...he and I split 4 Maine lobsters to celebrate his greatness! We could only get the 3-year-old to eat some with us. The two older one's turned up their noses. Oh well, their loss! Little confused as to the calorie content of lobster. Here says a Maine lobster has 98 calories for a whole one, while other sites say there's almost 300 calories in just 4 ounces. They were 1 1/4 pounders, and the seafood person said to halve that for how much you'd get for meat. Does that sound right?

• Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't made anyone a father just yet (although I am looking forward to celebrating it with (my future) hubby someday :smile: *heart melts*) , so I made my daddy some lunch-

Oven roasted butternut squash soup with generous dollops of cream, sauteed summer squash, and homemade croutons sprinkled lightly with cinnamon for dipping.
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    I found this................. http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/117981.html

It says it's about 145 calories for 1 1/4 pounds.

BTW, YUUUMMMMMMMMMMM!!
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options

I saw that Calorie King had 360 calories in Lobster BISQUE....maybe you didn't see the bisque part.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    Well, I haven't made anyone a father just yet (although I am looking forward to celebrating it with (my future) hubby someday :smile: *heart melts*) , so I made my daddy some lunch-

Oven roasted butternut squash soup with generous dollops of cream, sauteed summer squash, and homemade croutons sprinkled lightly with cinnamon for dipping.

How sweet! (the first part!)

That sounds like a yummy lunch! Those croutons sound really good! Did your dad like it?
  • ErinRNinMaine
    Options
    [/quote]

I saw that Calorie King had 360 calories in Lobster BISQUE....maybe you didn't see the bisque part.
    [/quote]

That may have been it. It's so hard to tell because there's so much conflicting info out there. I mean 98 cal vs 300 cal. That's quite the discrepency! I guess we just need to invest in a kitchen scale. Either way, the lobster was sooooo good. We live in Maine, so it's always fresh. Especially driving to the coast and hitting a lobster pound--with fresh steamed clams and melted butter for dipping!! Oh, so good! I'd highly recommend it to anyone coming this way.
  • Manda86
    Options

How sweet! (the first part!)

That sounds like a yummy lunch! Those croutons sound really good! Did your dad like it?

He did, he's really a meat n' taters kind of a guy, I was a little surprised at how much he liked it, actually- I wanted to make him something healthy and tasty- it's pretty reflective of my style of cooking, I like to take classic recipes and put my own spin on it... he says I make "hippie food"... lol.. he had two bowls, though, so I think I won him over... the cream was really the only fattening part of the meal.. and it wouldn't have been the same without it.. needless to say, I skipped on counting calories today.. *shrugs*
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I want some hippy food. LOL
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

That may have been it. It's so hard to tell because there's so much conflicting info out there. I mean 98 cal vs 300 cal. That's quite the discrepency! I guess we just need to invest in a kitchen scale. Either way, the lobster was sooooo good. We live in Maine, so it's always fresh. Especially driving to the coast and hitting a lobster pound--with fresh steamed clams and melted butter for dipping!! Oh, so good! I'd highly recommend it to anyone coming this way.
    I :heart: lobster bisque!!
    Gonna make some 2morrow. num num:smile:
  • Manda86
    Options
    I want some hippy food. LOL

Well come on over!!