Pets

Options
Aren't pets grand? My question to all of you is...
How many of you have pets that help motivate you and keep you moving?
I have 3 wonderful little Maltese babies, that have been responsible for me
walking many many miles over the past 6 year (the age of my oldest).
This is how crazy and in love we are with our babies.
My hubby and I bought a bike trailer for them so they can ride with us.
We now ride 19 miles across town, on Sundays to "a different, new and bigger park" for them to
walk! What spoiled little brats LOL!
:heart: Kelly

Replies

• CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Aren't pets grand? My question to all of you is...
    How many of you have pets that help motivate you and keep you moving?
    I have 3 wonderful little Maltese babies, that have been responsible for me
    walking many many miles over the past 6 year (the age of my oldest).
    This is how crazy and in love we are with our babies.
    My hubby and I bought a bike trailer for them so they can ride with us.
    We now ride 19 miles across town, on Sundays to "a different, new and bigger park" for them to
    walk! What spoiled little brats LOL!
    :heart: Kelly
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sadly enough, our 2 dogs have lived the same sedentary lifestyle that my husband and I have. One night last week, with the kids away at Grandma's, we decided to take the dogs out for a walk with us. Our chihuahua kept up fine even though he sounded a little rough. Our cocker spaniel on the other hand, she only made it half a mile before she laid down and didn't move. My husband literally had to carry our 27 pound dog the half mile back home. Little did we know when we started our walk that he would be adding strength training! :laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Sadly enough, our 2 dogs have lived the same sedentary lifestyle that my husband and I have. One night last week, with the kids away at Grandma's, we decided to take the dogs out for a walk with us. Our chihuahua kept up fine even though he sounded a little rough. Our cocker spaniel on the other hand, she only made it half a mile before she laid down and didn't move. My husband literally had to carry our 27 pound dog the half mile back home. Little did we know when we started our walk that he would be adding strength training! :laugh:
    Our 3 month old Cocker Spaniel did the same thing to me today.
    Hubbz was infront of me with our pup and Buster(our pup) would just give up and lay down without hubbz knowing so ofcourse he would continue walking and would start dragging poor Buster:laugh:
    Buster thought it felt pretty good... he wasn't trying to stand up:ohwell:
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    my 2 pugs are my motivation in 2 ways:
    1. they say owners start to look like their dogs. who wants wrinkles, fat and a pushed up nose?
    2. when i walk them, they are on a shared leash but go in two different directions.. our walks are more like obstacle courses!!!lol
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Can't have a dog like I used to right now because I am too often too long away from home.

I do have a cat. He was supposed to be Himalayan, but turned out more Siamese.
    He always wants me to share my food with him (right now I am reading Christinas post to him:wink: ). The really healthy stuff he doesn't like. Like soy milk. Hates that. So in order to not share I stick to the healthier food. Mean, isn't it?:embarassed: