Livid with myself!

Options
I fell off the wagon last night, loads of booze, burger and chips! (i suppose England winning the rugby is at least a plus!)

I feel rough today and stupidly got on the scales this morning! I'm so angry and disappointed with myself, what was the point!

I've been on my period so had a rubbish week last week too, I weigh in Monday morning so hopefully this week isn't a total write off as I really need the motivation :(

Not at all happy, just needed to vent :(

Replies

• efalcon1
    Options
    We all have bad days, weeks sometimes. It's what we do afterwards that counts. Sometimes we need to have the bad days to realise we still need support and motivation. So today is a new day and you can get right back on it x
  • Ghyllfoot
    Options
    If England winning wasn't a good enough reason then sod it...take today as a new start and pick right up where you left off
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Aww, no sense in beating yourself up over something you can't change. It happened, you know better now, you still have today to bounce back before your weigh in. Get an extra bit of cardio in, eat clean, and drink your water...:flowerforyou:
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Do NOT worry about that. It's unrealistic if you think you're going to be 'good' every single day! Allow yourself that one night and just carry on this morning. We all do it, as long as you don't do it every night for a week then the scales won't hate you next week
    x
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much - it's not permanent and not insurmountable, you know what you have to do to get back on track, and seeing as you managed to do loads of booze in Dubai you're clearly resourceful enough! :laugh: And come on - England won!
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    It's okay! Don't be too hard on yourself. Within the last 24 hours I've managed to ingest both McDonald's and almost an entire mini cake, but I'm trying not to be angry with myself for not following the plan sometimes. We all have our off days.
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    dont worry i was naughty last night too with chicken kabab, and chips :) and im going out tonight
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon massively the first weekend into mfp... Went out with friends and drank far too much with culminated in a steak burger and (possibly) chips at the end of the night - threw my 12lb weight loss for the week back to 7lbs... But hey - next day - plenty of water and healthy food and i lost another 3.8 last week..

We're only human! 80% good 20% bad!
  • kbomb33
    Options
    Sound like a celebration and not just a regular night at home. You're ok. Get back on that horse!
  • jaynetibbs
    Options
    That could me writing! All of that except the burgers but hey today's another day so keep going x
  • jaynetibbs
    Options
    Oh and I'm welsh!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible night on Thursday night/ Friday morning. About 1am I had this insane craving and ended up eating almost an entire box of Triscuit crackers. Even though I worked out more yesterday than I have in years, I still went over my calories by almost 1000. I'm still sick about it. I avoided the scale yesterday, and today it has been calling my name, but I made a promise to myself that I'd only weigh once a week, and that day is next Thursday morning, so I'm not doing it. As "punishment" I put on my jeans that are too tight. So tight that three weeks ago I was shopping and dying to get out of the store so I could undo the top button, until I got to my car and realized that the top button was already undone! That was my breaking point and when I realized I HAD to do something and change my life. So here I am, and two weeks into doing fantastic, I panicked and did something that wasn't celebratory, it wasn't just that one day out of the year, it was just plain ol' stupid. In fact, it was uncharacteristic as well. It isn't something I can recall ever doing before, in fact. Why did it happen at all? I completely understand your frustration, and all the comments on here have helped a little, so I'm glad you posted. Just know you are the only one who goes through moments like that.
  • foodbuzz
    foodbuzz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Being honest with ourselves is taking back control, so what's one slip up, just get back on track. Best to you!!! :heart:
  • rob_spitzer
    rob_spitzer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    None of us are perfect, if we were there would be no need for MFP. Let it motivate you to do better, but, you gotta reward yourself once in a while.