Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    <
    crying at work
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one.:embarassed:
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Well Manda, as I explained to U in my wife and I story, no DR has the final say. God has the final say.
    I will continue praying and believing with U.

I sure hope your kids look like U and not J. :noway: :noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Well Manda, as I explained to U in my wife and I story, no DR has the final say. God has the final say.
    I will continue praying and believing with U.

I sure hope your kids look like U and not J. :noway: :noway:

Thank you, my friend, I know prayers like yours are the reason why I believe. :heart:

Even if my baby comes out lookin' like this- I'll still be a happy, proud mommy.

PIC_really_ugly_face.jpg

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

That really is a face only a mama could love.

With that great attitude and some prayer, it is most definitely possible.
    I will be praying for you Manda.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform. Keep the faith Manda. I'm so excited for you and Jeremy. I wish only the best for you two. I hope when the times comes that God blesses you two with as many children as you want. (Not all at once of course.) :laugh: Good luck to you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Aww manda, I will say a little prayer for you and your baby making parts! :) They can do amazing things medically these days, so I would never give up hope! :)
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I know this is somewhat premature, but Manda and I talked about this as I think she was worried that I would reject her for it.

All I can say is, never, ever, ever in a million years would I pass up the most amazing beautiful woman I have ever been blessed to know because of a medical condition that she neither wants nor planned for.

Yes, I want to be a father. More than anything. But like Emily said, there are many many unfortunate children out there that need the worlds greatest Dad (that will be me), and I have no problems being that person for them. It's like I told her, anyone can be a 'Father', but not everyone can be a 'Dad'...whether my children are the 'flesh of my flesh' or not is irrelevant. I know in my heart that Manda and I (should we walk this path, and to be honest it looks more and more likely that we will) will be the greatest tattooed, slightly dorky, amazingly hilarious parents in the world. I would be honored for her to carry my children, but it not, it's no big thing...she's my best friend, and I'll stand by her forever.

Not to say we might not have already discussed names....:wink::bigsmile:
  • Manda86
    Options
    I know this is somewhat premature, but Manda and I talked about this as I think she was worried that I would reject her for it.

All I can say is, never, ever, ever in a million years would I pass up the most amazing beautiful woman I have ever been blessed to know because of a medical condition that she neither wants nor planned for.

Yes, I want to be a father. More than anything. But like Emily said, there are many many unfortunate children out there that need the worlds greatest Dad (that will be me), and I have no problems being that person for them. It's like I told her, anyone can be a 'Father', but not everyone can be a 'Dad'...whether my children are the 'flesh of my flesh' or not is irrelevant. I know in my heart that Manda and I (should we walk this path, and to be honest it looks more and more likely that we will) will be the greatest tattooed, slightly dorky, amazingly hilarious parents in the world. I would be honored for her to carry my children, but it not, it's no big thing...she's my best friend, and I'll stand by her forever.

Not to say we might not have already discussed names....:wink::bigsmile:

cue the waterworks...

:sad: :sad: :sad:

I am by far the luckiest woman on the face of the earth.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    im so glad for you two, i really am.
    Josh and i hit it off immediately just like you two seemed to have... And all i can say is that when you know, you know :) im sure everything will play out as it is supposed to in due time...

now. I dont know if yall knew this, but i used to be a voice major. So, premature or not, I am telling you right now, that i am singing in yalls wedding!!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Josh and i hit it off immediately just like you two seemed to have... And all i can say is that when you know, you know :) im sure everything will play out as it is supposed to in due time...

now. I dont know if yall knew this, but i used to be a voice major. So, premature or not, I am telling you right now, that i am singing in yalls wedding!!

Haha, I would be honored lovely Em. :happy:
  • Manda86
    Options

Haha, I would be honored lovely Em. :happy:

Only thing I'm worried about is someone there that's lookin' hotter than the bride.. :grumble: lol... we may have to ug you up a bit, Em... can't have you putting me to shame.. lol
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Manda......my doctor told me that with my family history and my irradic periods (I was lucky to have 2 a year) that my chances of having a baby without the assistance of fertility drugs or adoption was less than 5%.

I had just married my husband and I was so upset, he was adopted so the idea of adopting was good for him but I felt similar to you, I had always known I wanted to be a mommy.

Well, I quit following the doctors advice and taking the medicine that made me have a period. My husband and I moved to Hawaii for a year and I didn't use birth control and 8months later I found out I was pregnant. I couldn't believe it, no one thought I would carry it to term but I did and the baby was so happy that they had to induce labor and my daughter was there, healthy and beautiful.

I continued to have problems with my plumbing after her. We decided we wanted another so when she turned one we quit using birth control and no luck no luck no luck. Saw three doctors, all told me with the cysts they were seeing and family history that my daughter was a "fluke" and my chances of having a second were little if nothing at all. I was sad, figured I had my little girl and maybe now I would adopt. My daughter turned 3 and I turned up pregnant again!

I guess my point is that you should not give up hope. There are plenty of people in the world that try for years and years and decide to adopt, bring home their new baby and end up pregnant. There are people who give in and use fertility (I was personally opposed, but it is a personal choice) and end up with 4 all at once and there are those special moms who try and try and never have a baby and they adopt and take care of a baby that was in need of a mothers love adn that doesn't make them any less of a women or mother.

YOu can and will be a mom someday, just remember, birthing a baby doesn't automatically make you a mom, loving, caring and giving your all to a child is what makes you a mother!

Good luck, keep your head up high and your spirit strong adn whatever is in the cards for you will happen when it is supposed to happen and you will know the joy of true love at first sight when the baby that you are meant to be a mother too is put in your arms for the first time! :love: :love: :love:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    I just found a picture of me and Manda's future children.

celebrationyodababy_2.jpg

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1108498&g2_serialNumber=3

princess-leia-baby-costume.jpg
  • Manda86
    Options
    18886.jpg

Baby J... hee hee
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    <
    crying at work
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one.:embarassed:

Me too......I think as the days go by, I want a child more and more.....I know waiting is the best idea right now with my and hubby's income....that and the hubby isn't real keen on kids right now (too big of one himself!!)

:flowerforyou: God bless, Manda! Hang in there!!
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That sounds exactly like my cousin. She now has two kids even though the doc's told her she wouldn't have any. I hope for the best for you doc's are not always right.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    new-one.jpg
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    new-one.jpg

Ow..........:indifferent:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Wow, you two... even I have the warm-fuzzies!!! It's so amazing how I can feel the love between you two radiate even through simple Internet message boards! It's so awesome and I am so extactic for the two of you!

Manda, I believe that if you want to be a Mommy bad enough that it will happen. Like J and Em said being a Mom or a Dad is MUCH more than reproduction. My Father was a sperm donor, plain and simple. My Step-Dad is my Dad... I love him so much! And he came into my life when I was 20!!!

It's so amazing how things work out... I truly believe what you said about your heart healing. I imagine that some people don't realize how much our minds/heart controls our bodies, how they operate, and how one feels. It's nice that you have discovered this. I'm so happy for you and your great health!

You will have you wish some day... :flowerforyou:

:heart: Kris
  • Gorgeous
    Gorgeous Posts: 248
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!