Dizzy and Nauseous

Neliel
Neliel Posts: 507 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone else feel dizzy / nauseous during or after a work out? I'm definitely drinking enough water so I don't really understand why i'm getting that :(

Replies

• bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    How far away from a meal are you? What is your heart rate at the time? How hot is the room you are in? All items that could lead to this.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    I tend to eat something before I work out. That keeps me from being dizzy or nauseous.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    try eating something beforehand. Protein bar, granola bar, piece of fruit etc. Get something in your system. I often feel dizzy & sick if i haven't eaten something prior. Your body probably has nothing to burn off.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    I did eat about 40 minutes beforehand... Maybe i'm just not used to the exertion?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Make sure you eat about 30-60 minutes before you workout, and maybe have a protein shake ready to drink when you're done. Also make sure the room isn't too hot, getting my body temp and heart rate up in a warm room always makes me want to throw up.
  • i had the same thing happening. my sugar was bottoming out come to find out. a glass of milk after a workout works for me.
  • Eat something small such as fruit or a granola bar before you workout, that may help.
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    are you eating before you work out?

EDIT:
    nevermind, seems that was already covered.
  • Cardio training makes me feel like that too, good to eat pre workout, keep hydrated and I have to manage my breathing also during the workout
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    I've read that you should drink atleast 2 cups of water before and after a work out, as well as eat something small like others suggested. You may be dehydrated OR your blood sugar may be low due to an intense work out.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    I get really sick to my stomache when I work out really hard, never been dizzy though, like others have said maybe just eat something small before working out.

I'm going to sound probably stupid, but I didn't really think anything about the feeling like I"m going to puke feeling b/c on the shows that I've seen that seems to be okay...maybe I should watch less tv
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    If this is the first time you've done something that was a higher intensity than what you're normally used to, that could be the case. As you mentioned, it might not be used to the exertion. I may sometimes get dizzy, but that's partially due to being diabetic, so my blood sugar tends to drop...which also can be the case for anyone like others have posted.

Make sure your caloric intake for the time prior to working out is sufficient. You may need to get a little more carbs in for the energy. If it's constantly happening, you may wanna see a physician.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that your blood pressure may be a factor also. Mine becomes dangerously low sometimes which will cause me to get dizzy just from standing up, so if it's low prior to exercise, I may feel like I'm about to black out.
  • There are many causes of dizziness... one common reason is that certain lower body exercises cause your circulation to leave your upper body, and you pass out as you can't get enough oxygen... also, poor posture during exercise can cause altered breathing patterns..
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Possibly oxygen deprivation for dizziness . If your stomach is iffy raw ginger root helps.
  • vzepol
    vzepol Posts: 131 Member
    Go see your doctor and get tested. I waited for almost a year before I did and I lived with what you are going through and not knowing why - not to smart. I have type 2 diabetes and am very sensitive to sugar and "white" carbs.

I have my diet under control, am losing weight and exercising. I feel better, not normal yet, but better. This link will take you to a site that does a good job.

http://moderation-for-type-2-diabetes.org/

Good luck.
  • im glad you have asked this question as i really pushed myself this morning , ended up feeling really light headed and being sick......i had not long eaten breakfast . i think i just pushed beyond my limits :)
This discussion has been closed.