PLEASE HELP, I AM NOT LOSING ANY WEIGHT, I AM GAINING

Options
Since starting on MFP i had lost 4lbs but as of today i have gained more weight than when i started and i don't know why this is happening. I have been reading the message boards and i am doing similiar things to other persons and still not losing anything, i am done getting on the scale.

I go on the treadmill for 50 mins or so as i aim to burn 500 calories a day, i sometime try to eat all of my exercise calories but sometimes i dont get in all. I had my target set on losing 2lbs a week but i reset it to losing 1 per week to see if that works, to tell the truth this weight loss can be very frustrating when not seeing any results. I have been out of the gym for a few months now due to a minor injury but i have been using the treadmill to get in my cardio, i plan to start back my weight training pretty soon. This is how a typical day looks for me with my meals:

Breakfast: Scramble eggs, 1/2 cup of oats and 1 glass of fat free milk
Snack: 20 Almonds and 1 cup of grapes
Lunch: Mozarella, Chicken and Mixed Green Salad, this is roughly 401 cals per serving
Snack: String Cheese and 1 medium apple or yogurt
Dinner: Ceasar Salad with fish or Vegetables and fish

Please share with me any information that maybe helpful to me.

Joycelyn!

Replies

• joydex
    joydex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Since starting on MFP i had lost 4lbs but as of today i have gained more weight than when i started and i don't know why this is happening. I have been reading the message boards and i am doing similiar things to other persons and still not losing anything, i am done getting on the scale.

I go on the treadmill for 50 mins or so as i aim to burn 500 calories a day, i sometime try to eat all of my exercise calories but sometimes i dont get in all. I had my target set on losing 2lbs a week but i reset it to losing 1 per week to see if that works, to tell the truth this weight loss can be very frustrating when not seeing any results. I have been out of the gym for a few months now due to a minor injury but i have been using the treadmill to get in my cardio, i plan to start back my weight training pretty soon. This is how a typical day looks for me with my meals:

Breakfast: Scramble eggs, 1/2 cup of oats and 1 glass of fat free milk
    Snack: 20 Almonds and 1 cup of grapes
    Lunch: Mozarella, Chicken and Mixed Green Salad, this is roughly 401 cals per serving
    Snack: String Cheese and 1 medium apple or yogurt
    Dinner: Ceasar Salad with fish or Vegetables and fish

Please share with me any information that maybe helpful to me.

Joycelyn!
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Wow, I am so sorry....from eveything you write, it sounds like you are doing the right stuff. Of course, I can't see the numbers, maybe you are not taking in enough calories and you are in the starvation mode??? If you are burning 500 calories a day on the treadmill and have a lot of weight to lose, this diet does sound a little low, especially in carbs. Aim for eating within 20 calories or so of your total calorie goal (which includes exercise calories). If you are not entering ev erything you eat in the food diary, it will be hard to do. Hang in there.....I think there has to be an answer!!
  • armywife
    armywife Posts: 11
    Options
    If any of those meals are out to eat, they could have listed a wrong calorie content.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just got a "diet" plan from my personal trainer and I thought I was doing everything "right" too.. so depressing. Anyway -
    The only thing I noticed from your diet and hers is you're missing an after dinner snack. Otherwise it sounds like you're on the right path.
    It also sounds like you had an injury recently which has changed up your routine a little (no weights?) so, that could be the change in your weight. Do other measurements so you can see if you're truly gaining - that is my suggestion.
  • joydex
    joydex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses, I will start back my weight training from next week when i return to the gym, I am going to start all over again and see how this thing works since i reset my program to losing one pound per week as opposed to two. I had a knee injury and the doctor put me on some rest so my spirit was kind of down so i stayed away from the gym. I have changed up my eating so i just wanted to know if i was eating the right way or i was off base. I am 5ft 6ins and i presently weigh 182lbs, i need to get to 150lbs my body fat is way too high right now and that is my major concern. So from next week i will be working out hard doing cardio and weight training to burn and see if i can get back on track.

Luv Joycelyn!
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    When you say you're gaining is that measurements too? I'm sure you're aware but just a reminder that muscle weighs more than fat so even if you're burning fat and gaining muscle your weight will increase it'll just be your measurements that go down until your muscle tone replaces the fatty pockets and your body begins to get lean and tone.
  • Mrsace13
    Mrsace13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Agree with above, measure, don't always go by the scale
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    what is your daily activity level is mostly you:

Sedentary — You have a desk job or do some other kind of work that requires sitting down for most of the day. This describes the typical office worker.
    Light — You're on your feet and walking around for half the day or more. Occupations that fall into this category include stay-at-home mothers, salespeople, and doctors.
    Moderate — You're on the move pretty much all day, with a few limited periods of being sedentary. Occupations that fall into this category include gardeners, carpenters, and mail carriers.
    High — You're constantly on the move and your job entails significant amounts of manual labor. Occupations that fall into this category include construction workers, aerobic instructors, farm workers, and movers.

and how many calories are you eating (not including your exercise calories)