Gym Compliment

alliecore
alliecore Posts: 446 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
Yesterday I was doing walking lunges with 20 & 30 lbs added weight. This old man I see every time walked past and said, "You know, if you just gained 30 lbs you wouldn't have to carry all that weight!" Then he grinned and added, "but you might not look as good!" Totally made my day! (I see him and his wife in together every time...he wasn't being a perv LOL!)

What gym compliments have you received?

Replies

• rob_spitzer
    rob_spitzer Posts: 54 Member
    Yesterday I was doing walking lunges with 20 & 30 lbs added weight. This old man I see every time walked past and said, "You know, if you just gained 30 lbs you wouldn't have to carry all that weight!" Then he grinned and added, "but you might not look as good!" Totally made my day! (I see him and his wife in together every time...he wasn't being a perv LOL!)

I get a thank you for holding the door open for other people on the way into the gym....that's about it.
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Gotta love that. Very cute.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    You gotta love the old guys lol. The old guy at my gym saw me doing HIIT training on the cybex arc and he said at your age you dont have to be in that big a hurry to lose weight....He paused and said maybe I need to try that! lol
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Someone asked if I was a trainer.
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    It wasnt at the gym it was at work. One day a co-worker walked me to my car and saw two car seats and was shocked that I had two kids. He said I looked like I didnt have any kids and that I look good. That made my day.
  • rob_spitzer
    rob_spitzer Posts: 54 Member
    That's the ultimate compliment right there.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member

On three separate occasions I've had three separate women come up up to me to give me compliments, saying I looked good. It made my week! Knowing how good that made me feel, I try to pay it forward and compliment others when I see their progress. :flowerforyou:
  • alliecore
    That's the ultimate compliment right there.
    Took the words right out of my mouth!
  • alliecore
    It wasnt at the gym it was at work. One day a co-worker walked me to my car and saw two car seats and was shocked that I had two kids. He said I looked like I didnt have any kids and that I look good. That made my day.
    Absolutely love that one!!! At first nobody at college knew I had kids, and when I said I had 3 it was funny to see their faces! :)
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Someone told me that I always look great in the morning b/c I'm smiling (5am mind you) and that I look strong. Thanks, I'll take it...
This discussion has been closed.