protein help

jane77
jane77 Posts: 489
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Im trying to decied if I should add a protein whey power to my diet. I am doing P90X and need to eat / drink something before hand I do P90X very first thing after I get my son breakfast and off to school ( about an hour after waking up) anyway I'm feeling underfueled during my work out. If I eat to much, feel to full and a little sick, if i dont eat anything feel tried and light headed. Maybe 1/2 a glass of a protein drink anyhelp welcome. :)

Replies

• peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Yeah, just try it, some people can't handle whey or can't handle it in morning. Every one is different so just try.
  • I would try maybe a protein bar?? Those do the trick for me better than protein drinks, and if I had to guess I'd say your body would have to work a bit longer to process that, making you feel fuller for a longer period of time than with any kind of fluids? I'm just guessing here. There's probably more qualified people on here to answer this for you. lol.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    You definitely want to eat something before any workout! A little carb/protein mix is great.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Protein shakes are usually better for after working out, the deliver protein to your muscles quickly to help them recover faster. It's better to have more carbs before a workout because they digest quickly and give you more energy. Protein will slow you down.

On days I go to the gym (40 min strength training, 45-60 min cardio) I eat a breakfast burrito with eggs, hash browns, beans, a little cheese, green chile, and of course, the flour tortilla. I eat it about an hour before I work out. It's primarily carbs, so I have lots of energy to burn.
This discussion has been closed.