1200 and only .7 lbs pre week

Options
2»

Replies

• jansus
    jansus Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am only just over 5ft - and have just started - so add me as a friend if you want .

I have lost 6lb since christmas- then joined here and just stuck to 1200 for just over a week and lost nothing. then went to 1400 and eating my excercise calories ( but can not do too much at the moment due to health reasons) and lost 2lb .So I am at the experimental stage as well

Jan
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options

I do believe you can eat some of your exercise calories if you need too but don't go over board. I saw a dietitian yesterday to help me out. She wants me at 1500 a day. I exercise 3-4 times a week , burning 500-1100 calories per work out. I was under eating but if I ate the mfp added exercise calories then I'd be having a 2000+ intake day. Its a matter of finding your balance. If you are a fitness fanatic the eat more to support your body. Eat less (never below 1200) if you do light exercising.

Oh I agree as I said in my original post. I do try and eat my exercise calories as much as I can but only if I'm hungry. There is no point forcing food down your throat if you're not hungry just to meet a calorie allowance.

Those threads themselves have been written by trainers and dietitians who have extensive knowledge on how the body works. I would say from your statement that you've not read them completely and I urge you to do so.

But it's also REALLY important that you're not always under (by a significant margin). It basically means you're under eating.and yes you WILL lose weight. The catch? You WON'T keep it off.

Good job anyamalfoy!! Too many people on here WILL NOT read these posts or will not try it. I eat ALL my exercise cals which puts me between 2900 and 3500 cals each day. My exercise goals have my defecit set at 950 cals/day(1.9 pound loss/week) and I am dropping 2 pounds/week like clockwork.

Losing weight at a rate of 2 pounds a week is really only possible when you are above 20% BF for men...25% for women. Once you get that low, it takes a real concerted effort to go leaner and it will likely be at a rate of 1 pound or less per week.

ETA: The books I have read ALL say to eat the majority or all of your exercise cals. In all the postings on here that I've read, I have yet to see ONE person cite a reliable source or even cite ANY source saying that it is HEALTHY to NOT eat ANY exercise cals.

Anybody have one? I'll look at it, rather than automatically discount it as so many people do about the above mentioned posts explaining why you SHOULD eat them.
  • atthebeach08
    atthebeach08 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    As you can see everybody does it diferent ways and not one way is right or wrong. Just experiment and find your groove. I think 1200 is as low as anyone should go or your body will go into stave mode and hold on to the fat. I also don't think going under for one or two days will hurt you if the other 5 days are close to the 1200. The exercise calories are nice to have if you go out or want to have a day to be able to splurge and eat more. I don't always use all mine because I'm content and don't feel like if I have an extra 100 calories I have to eat them if I'm not hungry. Be patient and good luck!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it you are doing good. .7 may seem small but it adds up and is a healthy loss. I have read that people with smaller amounts to lose really should not try to lose 2 lbs a week. Its more for people with 100+ to lose.
  • natashacassie
    Options
    Recently I have always been eat mine, sometimes I tend to go a little over, and I have been losing weight faster then before. I was stuck after I lost about 2 pounds, then I started exercising a little more and eating the extra calories and have lost about 6 more in the recent weeks even while eating pan pizza and fried chicken this week. Your body needs the calories, just keep an eye on the fat calories!