What Calorie Monitor Are You Using

ebgbjo
ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Trying to decide between Fitbit (much cheaper and no subscription) or the BodyMedia. Which do you use, even if different from the two I am looking at, and what do you love and hate about it?

Hope everyone is off to a great weekend

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    er am i missing something...here?
  • ebgbjo
    What??? What do you mean?
  • JillyCornwall
    What??? What do you mean?

Thats my line...obviously?
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Personally I don't see a reason to wear something attached to my hip. I like this website just fine and I also have the mobile app on my iPhone for monitoring when I'm out (which I often am). It's all about accountability, and this site has everything I need!!!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    I don't use either but I know a couple of people who use the Bodybugg and love it. I've also seen someone post here in the forums about loving their FitBit. I think the big difference is that FitBit doesn't log heart rate.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Personally I don't see a reason to wear something attached to my hip. I like this website just fine and I also have the mobile app on my iPhone for monitoring when I'm out (which I often am). It's all about accountability, and this site has everything I need!!!
  • JillyCornwall
    Did you mean a heart rate monitor or an online tool to figure out how many calories you burn through exercise?
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Did you mean a heart rate monitor or an online tool to figure out how many calories you burn through exercise?

I would assume she means HRM
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    I bought the Susan Komen HRM watch on the Kohl's website for 35 dollars and it's pretty accurate. I don't think I could wear a chest strap and I've lost 19 pounds since I started doing this site and wearing that watch during workouts.
  • ebgbjo
    Nikstergirl- ok, we get it..lol

Yes, a monitor you can wear that tracks heart rate and/or calories burned. Not all of use have iPhones, or even smartphone, and I can't log onto this site at work
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    I agree with you
  • TazzytheMotivator
    I gotten a app. on my iphone. that work really well for me .Just hook my phone on side of my workout pants and off i go.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    Remember in what ever site you chose to use the calories burn, is based on the average weight of 150 pounds. For it to be accurate you will have to plug or program your weight. That will be true number you burn.
This discussion has been closed.