BMR question

Options
Ok so when I started 5 weeks ago I put that I was a sendentary person because I got no exercise. Should I change that since I now exercise 6 days a week or leave it alone? I am losing 1-2 pounds per week now. My guess w ould be that if I change it, it will suggest more calories and I dont want to slow down the weight loss.....it already seems like a snail's pace...i just need a couple of 5 pound weeks to make it all worth while, ya know? :ohwell:

Replies

• cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That is a great question! I was also wondering, and hope to follow this thread to find the answer!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Your activity level is what you normally do during the day excluding exercise. You enter your exercise separately on this site. So if you have a desk job or aren't normally too active during the day, leave the setting where it is.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    hi :), im on 'sedentary setting' too, doubt il b changing it until i start my job on tues as a home-care worker, although mite just leave it alone. but you should celebrate any victories however small they are hon, dont let the 'bad thoughts' back in, im not :D

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I was just playing with the settings to see what happens to my numbers, and it really only made a 40 calorie difference. It gave me 40 more calories to eat (from 1200 to 1240). Since I have a desk job, I will be changing it back to sedentary. But, I thought I would share my results with you, as it really didn't amount to much difference at all.