Calories - Insanity Core Cardio & Balance

Options
I'm approaching week 5 of Insanity now which means recovery week and 6 days of the core cardio and balance. To anyone who's done this before how many calories on average are burnt in the 40 minutes.
I've read thats it's a bit like cardio recovery with not as many burnt, but then I've also seen that it burns alot more, just like the other high intensity dvds in month 1, and I don't know which to believe.

I'm just asking for a rough idea, not accuracy or anything since I have a HRM. Just something so I can plan what sort of meals I'll be having that week :)

Replies

• jessyjade22
    Options
    I've heard that for every mile you are on a treadmill, it's about 100 calories burnt. Of course this doesn't count if you increase the elevation.
  • cozzy530
    Options
    I am only on week four but I burn around 700-800 cal a 40 minute session. The first week i was burning over 1000 a session but as I get better it seems to be less. How long were you doing insanity before your legs stopped hurting? It is quite a killer workout and i keep hoping it will get easier as I progess,
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I was hurting ALOT for the first week but after that it was fine. I pushed through it even when it hurt so much it hurt to stand up :/ lots of deep heat muscle rub was used and my house stunk of it! haha. Now my legs might feel a little shaky or stiff straight after the workout but it's not painful like in the beginning.

I've never burnt that many calories a session before, wow! In weeks 1-4 I usually burnt about 400-450 cals a 40 minute session apart from cardio recovery which would be about 180.
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just did my last day of my recovery week, and I burned between 290 and 325 calories. I burned about 135 calories on my cardio recovery, and high 300's to mid 400's for all the other workouts depending.
  • helensf
    Options
    Remember the number of calories you burn is relative to your body weight..
  • Music4Life101
    Options
    As you go thru sessions it will get much more easier and you feel power to do anything and eventually you going to push your self naturally .....
  • pierreborg86
    pierreborg86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was hurting ALOT for the first week but after that it was fine. I pushed through it even when it hurt so much it hurt to stand up :/ lots of deep heat muscle rub was used and my house stunk of it! haha. Now my legs might feel a little shaky or stiff straight after the workout but it's not painful like in the beginning.

I've never burnt that many calories a session before, wow! In weeks 1-4 I usually burnt about 400-450 cals a 40 minute session apart from cardio recovery which would be about 180.

I think you were doing something wrong, maybe landing incorrectly or so. I never had any of that sort of pain.
  • Satoris
    Satoris Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For Core Cardio & Balance, my HRM gave me the following numbers for calories burned Mon and Weds-Sat (forgot to wear it on Tues): 464, 492, 606, 500, and 529 (these numbers aren't adjusted for my resting metabolic rate, BTW). As you can see, there was quite a fluctuation. As with Insanity in general, you can burn a lot of calories if you push super hard, and you can burn few calories if you slide through. But I also think that you're better at the workout near the week's end because you've completed the same workout six days in a row and have mastered the technique.

I personally enjoyed Core Cardio & Balance, especially the hip flexor burners and shoulder burners.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    For Core Cardio & Balance, my HRM gave me the following numbers for calories burned Mon and Weds-Sat (forgot to wear it on Tues): 464, 492, 606, 500, and 529 (these numbers aren't adjusted for my resting metabolic rate, BTW). As you can see, there was quite a fluctuation. As with Insanity in general, you can burn a lot of calories if you push super hard, and you can burn few calories if you slide through. But I also think that you're better at the workout near the week's end because you've completed the same workout six days in a row and have mastered the technique.

I personally enjoyed Core Cardio & Balance, especially the hip flexor burners and shoulder burners.

This is pretty consistent with my HRMs.... my 1st months were running about 600 to 700, my CCBs were running from about 400 to 500, and my 2nd months were running 800 to 1000. I think my HRM runs a bit high, however, so you might want to reduce by about 10% or so. (PS, I'm 43, 5 2 and have gone from 160 to 135 coming toward the end of my second round. I'm on an off week or two due to an unrelated foot injury, but I have 2 weeks left in round 2 when I get dr's clearance to go back)
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I am only on week four but I burn around 700-800 cal a 40 minute session. The first week i was burning over 1000 a session but as I get better it seems to be less. How long were you doing insanity before your legs stopped hurting? It is quite a killer workout and i keep hoping it will get easier as I progess,

I'm 35 pounds more than you and I don't burn anywhere near 700 let alone 1000 sorry to say!

I'd guesstimate 300 for me in half an hour.
  • technobunny
    Options
    5'4 112LBS and I burned around 150-180 calores during Core Cardio & Balance.