What is your favorite workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I've reached the point that I actually enjoy working out and when I don't, I feel like my day is incomplete.

Love taking classes because they are never the same twice - especially love step aerobics because its something that I thought I'd never be able to do now I dance on that step like a pro.

But I love the elliptical & treadmill too because I can challenge myself. I'm always setting a new goal to increase speed or resistance.

My family thinks I'm twisted. :ohwell: :bigsmile:

Everyone thinks I'm twisted too for wanting to work out 6 days a week at 4:30am. I just smile!:laugh:

Sharon
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Zumba! Zumba doesn't even feel like working out... just an hour of dancing with friends. :) However if I am forced to use a cardio machine... you can't beat the step mill (rotating stairs). I get a better sweat-n-burn from the step mill than any other cardio machine.... and it's low impact so no jarring!!! I have tried using others (precor full body trainer, steep incline power walking, elliptical, rowing, etc) but they all seem too easy after doing the step mill. I usually do it 6 days a week. If I do Zumba that day I'll do only 15-20 min on the step mill but if I'm not doing Zumba I do 45-50min on the step mill. I always get off of there dripping in sweat!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    my weekly floor hockey. It's so much fun and I heart my team mates
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I really love bellydancing classes. I used to go to an all girls gym and they offered it there, but now that they closed, I have to DVDs at home. I may not be at my goal weight, but nothing feels sexier than shaking your hips to Indian music. I usually feel pretty good about myself afterwards and my obliques kill me for a few days...*LOL* Might not be the best calorie burn, especially compared to Zumba, but it's so much fun and so good for the self-esteem!

Shannon

i want to try bellydancing soo badly. I have 0 rhythm. and not very much confidence at this weight.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

i want to try bellydancing soo badly. I have 0 rhythm. and not very much confidence at this weight.

I used to feel that way too, but the bellydancing instructor was really laid back. We could wear pretty much whatever we felt comfortable with, so I started out with a skirt and form fitting top. She was also a lady in her fifties, so their was no intimidation of having an instructor that was beautiful and a skick, either.*LOL*

Look around. Lots of dance studios offer bellydancing for beginners or buy some DVDs online. I like the Bellydance Series, it has two twins called Veena and Meena on it that are really good and teach you the basic moves.

I never had dance lessons in my life before taking the bellydancing classes, now I'm doing some latin cardio classes and some Zumba and I'm loving it!

Shannon
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    Boxing - never had a workout that hits every area as well as a boxing session does, not to mention the effort that a session puts me through (remembering 9 punch combos and blocks when your fatigued is not easy).

My gym has all shapes and ages, no judgements........... Just hard work. Find the right gym and I promise you, you'll never look back.
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    Those are all awesome. Thanks for the Websites I will check those out. Keep up the great work! :smile: :heart: