Slimming pants...do they work!?

Options
I just bought a new top of Ebay recently and it arrived today, i tried it on and it fits...but its a tight fitting one so shows my big belly bump!:blushing:

Just wondering if anyone has tried those slimming pants that are meant to hold everything in!?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that if there were a pair of pants that made people thin ... we'd all be wearing them. It's yet another gimmick. How can a pair of pants make you lose weight?
  • becci92
    Options
    they're supposed to make the silhouette tighter and more elegant. rather than lumpy bumpy!

I dont believe myself, but wanted to see others who have tried them think.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    missanjy, they dont make you lose weight, they are like spanx, but pants..
    they do work to some extent but its not really that big of a difference
  • grumpybearchemo
    Options
    it does make u look slimmer, i have a pair, BUT! u wont be able to really eat or drink while wearing them, i wore mine at a friends wedding and couldnt even dance much
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I just get the undergarments that go all the way up and are capri length. Controls the muffin top and middle so my clothes look good. Similar to Spanx. With the weight loss I have a lot of skin that did not retract. :sad:
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    i've always wanted to try spanx...they might help
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Just remember that the extra "stuff" that the pants squeeze in one direction has to somewhere so I would imagine the pants will most likely just redistribute the weight and not make a lot of difference unless you only have 5-10 lbs to worry about. I wouldn't spend the money on them. :tongue:
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    it does make u look slimmer, i have a pair, BUT! u wont be able to really eat or drink while wearing them, i wore mine at a friends wedding and couldnt even dance much

That's like false advertising if you wear those on a date, don't you think? :bigsmile:
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Spanx shorts that I wear when I am wearing a dress or something for a special occasion. It helps to hold the baby poochie up and not be so umm....hanging down there. However, it is a wiggling effort to get them up. Does it give the appearance of a slimmer shape? Well, I guess, my pooch isn't down there, but up, but it can make eatting difficult like someone else said. Our stuff that we hide has to go somewhere no matter how much we stuff it in there.

Now, I was originally thinking that you were talking about the slimming pants that sweat your butt and thighs as you wear them. I also sell Avon and they have a pair in the new catalog that I ordered for me. Funny, several girls at work also ordered them. I am going to give those a whirl to wear around the house when I am cleaning and to Zumba under my shorts. I used to have something similar a long time ago, they were made out of some very thick black material, and I remember how "wet" I was from sweat after wearing them for periods of time. Sweat would just drip off of me when I wore them, so I was always taking shower afterwards, and to me, that felt awesome.

Will see how those work for me...
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've tried them on and they made me look funny. I don't think they have a flattering look ( at least on me ) so I stay clear of them.
  • becci92
    Options
    hmm, a few mixed opinions then! I wasn't going to spend loads on them, they got some cheap ones on Ebay (i now sound like an Ebay addict haha) for £3.99 so don't know whether to just buy them to try them!

I dont expect them to make my tummy completely flat, just slightly less muffin topped shall i say lol!