Sugar

Options
Ok So my question here is.... Are sugars in fruits the same as sugar in desserts (such as 100 calorie snack packs) The reason I ask is I ate a banana and prunes today which took up most of my sugar levels that I can have, I always thought natural sugars where better for you. But how do you account for those? Also Proteins someone made a post on proteins and the allowance it gives you on MFP is low., does anyone have any thoughts on this. I seem to be over in those categories lately but under everywhere else.

Replies

• bradrockell
    Options
    All sugars are the same - The difference is the other nutrients (vitamins, fibre etc) that you get when eating fruit.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Ok thanks!
  • ImaHomer
    Options
    Well, as far as calories and your sugar quantities, all sugars, from fruit, refined and unrefined are 4 calories/gram, so in that respect they are the same. some people will tell you to stay away from refined sugars because of the chemicals used to process the sugar make it less healthy, but I dont personally buy it.

I too have changed my protein ratio. If your trying to lose weight, they are both 4 cal/g so it doesnt change your calories, just how your body processes them.

Keep up the good work!
  • vgall
    vgall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. Always high on my sugar and protein but under on calories and fat. Its good to know i'm not the only one!
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Ok Im just trying to figure all this out and all your help is great thanks everyone!