Alli

Options
Anybody on here use Alli with a lowfat diet and lose pretty good on it? Side effects?

Thanks,

Replies

• LosingTheInches
    Options
    my parents used alli, they think it works ok ONLY if your truly devoted to it. for example, if you are going to a restaurant, either have a salad or, DONT take the pills. bad side effects, like gas, diarrhea etc. they ended up quitting it, and are now losing lots of weight at weight watchers.
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    ive taken it not good side effects are orange grease meaning not to be gross but if you have to fart run to the bathroom cuz you will fart orange grease.not good. hated it.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    A girl that is on my flist used it. she had under 10g of fat and still got awful cramping and almost had an accident one time. she stopped using it. side effects weird me out to be honest.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I have to advocate for staying away from any medication to help lose weight. I think in the long run it screws up your body's natural processes and you don't always learn the lifestyle changes you need to make the loss permanent.
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options
    ive taken it not good side effects are orange grease meaning not to be gross but if you have to fart run to the bathroom cuz you will fart orange grease.not good. hated it.

i'm a terrible person for laughing at orange grease. if i was helping clean someone up who had an orange grease stain on their underwear I'd probably be grabbing the nearest doctor around. If this ever happens I will just ask if they're taking Alli :tongue:
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I tried it last year but it didn't work for me. That was probably because I wasn't very diligent in ACCURATELY WEIGHING, MEASURING AND LEVELING OFF THE EXCESS QUANTITY of everything I ate plus not recording it.

You're in luck: you can do all that, record it all and stay on track if you follow the above behaviors.

Get a little food scale. With the food scale, keep: a set of 4 individual measuring spoons, a set of 4 individual measuring cups and a small, straight-blade spatula or knife.

side effect: you may have a problem getting to the toilet on time...without making a messy dump in your britches, lol

Claire :)
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options
    my parents used alli, they think it works ok ONLY if your truly devoted to it. for example, if you are going to a restaurant, either have a salad or, DONT take the pills. bad side effects, like gas, diarrhea etc. they ended up quitting it, and are now losing lots of weight at weight watchers.

and if you have the salad make sure it's plain and don't use dressing. Any nut or dressing on a restaurant salad could send you over that fat allotment.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    All I have heard/read is BAD things about it. A person is reportedly limited to 15 grams of fat per meal, and if they go over (or even if they don't), there's a significant chance you may get: gas with oily spotting, you’ll be farting Wesson oil straight through your pants, loose stools & more frequent stools that may be hard to control. As an example, the McDonald’s Big Mac has 34 grams of fat, and the Burger King Whopper has 40. Eat either of these while taking Alli, and you’ll very likely be transformed into a diarrhea cannon. In August 2009, the FDA announced possible heart & liver-related side effects that had been reported for the weight loss drug since its availability in 1999.
  • miabrown66
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I have been doing lowfat and exercise for the past 2+ weeks but wondered if there was anything to the Alli thing. I have also been exercising my butt off, literally! Thanks again.
  • Carolinea20050
    Options
    I enquired about Alli at the Pharmacy. You should be weighed by the Pharmacist and you need a BMI of over 28 to take it. I didn't like the sound of the side effects so I opted for Slim Now Day instead which has caffine, green tea etc in it. Seems to be working a treat with no side effects.....well perhaps an increase in activity levels because of the natural high it gives you. Have a look at the website......www.slimnow.com for a vast range of products and information. It is also cheaper than Alli.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Eat either of these while taking Alli, and you’ll very likely be transformed into a diarrhea cannon.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: