Scale Bit the Dust

Options
Oh the horror. I went to get on the scale this morning, and absolutely nothing. The old scale finally said no more. I need to go scale shopping. Any recommendations? I have no idea what's available out there. Any suggestions?

Replies

• colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • arwsgirl
    arwsgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm a gadget geek and love the idea of the Withings scale but it's $$$. The pros (in my eyes) are that it wireless syncs with the same app I use to track my heartrate and workouts with my HRM.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Target or walmart have some really nice digital scales that range from 12-20 dollars depending on what you like. I have a model that you just tap you foot get on, and it relays the horror---LOL It is really nice, have had it for about 6 months now, I think it cost about 15 dollars, weighs upto 400 lbs, and reads in 123.4 lbs.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That happened to me this morning! I'm ordering a lithium scale from overstock.com. I have 10% off, free shipping and it's less than walmart! I have to wait til Feb 11th but that's ok.
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Conair makes the weight watchers scale 40.00 at Target. Tells you weight, body fat, body water, bone, etc. I love it. I think you can also program 4 or 5 people into its memory as well.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    I just bought a Taylor scale from Target. It doesn't read body fat or anything but I like it. I paid $29 for it.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations on killing off your first scale! lol there are lots of good tips on here already and i wish you every success!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Just watch out digital scales have to stand on a flat surface - otherwise when you move them, the weight moves too:D.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Also, pay attention to what increments the scale measures in. Some scales are only sensitive to .5 pounds at a time. Try to get one that goes in .2 pound increments or more accurate.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    This is the one that I have - http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=16691062

I think it's great. It can store the weights and info of multiple people in the household and the buttons to use it are super easy to press with your toes so you never have to bend down to use it. (you can also just step on it to get your weight without pressing any additional buttons, if you don't want to save your current weight in your profile.)

It weighs in .2lb increments and if you step on it with your profile chosen it tells you your BMI and what your maintenance calories would be to stay at that weight, based on the info you provided in the profile.

Plus, since it's Bed Bath and Beyond, you can use one of their coupons to get 20% off of the $40 price.