BREAKFAST!

Options
I have the hardest time with healthy breakfast ideas! I don't have much time in the morning to make a great breakfast. Eggs are good, but not more than twice a week. I can't stand oatmeal.

What do you guys eat for breakfast???

Replies

• chrysnel
    Options
    :smile: Have you tried smoothies or protein shakes? My favourite is almond milk, frozen berries, handful of spinach (you won't taste it, I promise!), chocolate protein powder, and ground flaxseed. So good - and very filling!
  • Ashleygettingfit
    Options
    I have been eating just fruit and drinking coffee in the morning. And then once I finish that I drink a lot of water. It usually gets me through til lunch!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I normally have turkey bacon, canadian bacon, or egg substitute; a piece of fruit; a healthy grain like wheat english muffin or whole grain slimwich, and a little healthy fat like milk, peanut butter, or margarine made with olive oil.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I really love Multigrain Cheerios, but if I don't have those, I have a Dempster's Body Wise bagel (only 140 calories!!!), with two tablespoons of Kraft Light (25% less fat) peanut butter....
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    There's a brand called eating right that makes mini pancakes - I had 6 of those, sugar free syrup and a veggie sausage patty this morning and it was all under 200 calories. Also whole wheat toast with almond butter or whole wheat bagels.
  • JessicaBarett
    Options
    A new favourite (I omit the nuts because I think they taste better without). Not for every day, but I had them this morning (one serving is two decent sized pancakes) and it filled me up until lunch, which never happens. I put syrup on the pancakes and have a container of peach yogurt.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/09/banana-nut-pancakes.html#more

Alternatively, sometimes I have a slice of multigrain toast with some homemade strawberry jam, usually with some yogurt and a clementine orange.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Since most times I get up uber-early, like yourself, and don't have time to cook, these are some of the things I have, I hard boil eggs the night before, peel them and put in a baggie, eat just the whites, or I will grab a Special K protein bar or a Tiger's Milk protein bar and eat that on the way. It is not what you eat (granted we have to watch calories, fat, etc.) but when you eat. You gotta have something, breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it gets that metabolism started. And then I pack plenty of lil healthy snacks so I can eat about every 2.5-3 hours, depending on the hours I am working, to keep that metabolism active. It has seemed to work, I have lost 18.5 lbs in about 2 weeks, and I kinda of use this metaphor: Your body is like a roaring fire, you have to add fuel, and stoke it here and there, or it ceases to burn---meaning you have to add fuel (food) to the fire (body) throughout the day, as well as stoke it (some sort of exercise) to keep it burning (the calories). If you like it, use it. I invented that statement recently, but you dont have to quote me.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I switch it up. Feel free to take a look at my diary. Lots of tasty ideas.
    You can also hard boil a few eggs on ay a Sunday and take 2 at a time throughout the week with a piece of fruit and toast with some PB on it.
    Whatever you do, make sure you are eating within an hour of waking up to get that metabolism going!
    I hope this helps a bit and good luck.
  • sherri31
    Options
    Hi I normally will have a cup of coffee and then i make a smoothie. Ice cubes about 2 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt, frozen strawberries, a banana, 1/2 cup skim milk and hemp hearts from the health food store. I told them i dont eat breakfast and they said to put the hemp hearts in to fill you up. The smoothies are delicious i even crave them on the weekend.
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    I work from home, but I don’t spend much time making breakfast each day. Instead, I make several things at once on a weekend and freeze or refrigerate individual portions. My favorites are wholegrain oatmeal scones, egg muffins, and homemade turkey sausage (message me if you want recipes for any). Another super quick favorite (but off limits for me right now because I have sodium issues): 1 slice whole grain toast + 1 slice tomato + 1 slice Black forest ham + 1 slice swiss cheese + 2 minutes under broiler = done. When really pressed for time, I make a peanut butter and honey sandwich and eat it with an apple.
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You guys are all awesome! Thank you for the ideas! I am looking forward to my grocery store trip tomorrow! :)