What should I eat on my Sweet Potato?

Options
13»

Replies

• jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    FYI - I think we Northerners tend to put more on our sweet potatoes than you Southerners, because what we get is much more bland than what you get. That being said - when mine are baked I go for some Smart Balance and Splenda brown sugar. When roasted in wedges,before baking toss them in olive oil and rosemary, sprinkle with sea salt.
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just had one last night; a little bit of Smart Balance spread, brown sugar (had Splenda brown sugar, not sure why I used the regular!) and cinnamon. I know the sugar isn't the *best* but I didn't dump it on, and I've been really good lately, so I figure a little bit is okay.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I came across this recipe and it was delicious.

Cut up some chicken brown it with some jamaican jerk chiken seasoning. add diced tomatoes, black beans (drained) and corn, put it on top of a baked sweet potato. Is is very filling. I didn't give any measurements because you need to plan according to how many servings you want. (I did mine for one, so I did 4 oz of chicken, 1/3 cup of tom,beans, corn and one small potato.

You could do the whole cans and have leftovers or feed more people.

It was really good and I was stuffed.
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bake it until it carmalizes and then simply had cinnamon. actually adds weight loss and tastes great!
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Sweet potato one of my favourite foods. Bake them in the oven, but a little coconut oil over it with garlic. Roast them around a chicken. Bake them and top with Vegan Chili (my favourite). Bake a small one, steam some cauliflower and make a mashed potato with them (I add almond milk) and do this to top a sheppards pie. It reduces carbs and helps give it the creamy texture. Juice a sweet potato and add it to your other healthy juices (yes you can juice a sweet potato).
  • jennk221
    jennk221 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use a little bit of I can't believe it's not butter and a healthy amount of cinnamon!! Yummy!! :happy: