What Are Your Favorite At Home Exercises?

Options
2»

Replies

• DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    does sex count? if not, P90X videos.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    P90X hands down!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    p90x. sometimes i even pull out an old kathy smith dvd for cardio :) (dont judge me lol)
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Cameron Shayne - Budokon for Beginners
  • Tarkine
    Tarkine Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I vote for putting on some music and dancing. I do it with my kids, they think I am mad :smile:
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    i love doing a crossfit style workout on the roof of our appartment block.
    nice and sturdy clothes line for pullups!
    so ususally pullups/situps/pushups/ jump rope/air squats etc.
    Weather never really too much of an issue here :p

(Sydney - Aus)
  • Glos_Bloke
    Options
    I don't have much room to indoor exercise. So I use a Step set to the maximum height it will go to (10-12 inches) and I step up and down on it like crazy for 40 minutes at a time. I'll put something on the TV, and watch that whilst I effectively run upstairs for 40 minutes. It's a killer! :tongue:
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Kathy Smith kettlebell weights dvd- its a great workout
    shape -bootcamp dvd
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    In the home? mostly stretching exercises and I've got a pilates app for the iPad which is coming in handy for some core strength and flexibility work. I don't do 'programs' as such and dislike exercise vids.

I also have a bull worker from way back that is handy for when I feel like a bit of resistance work.

Lastly, rally driving in Gran Turismo 5 on the playstation with a force feedback wheel and force feedback set to max :-)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    squats
    yoga
    a mini circuit: crunches, pushups, squats, jumping jacks, lunges, something for the obliques
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Exercise bike
  • TrinityPixie4
    Options
    I like to do the Tae Bo T3 workout DVD's. Soon I will get the Jillian Micael's 30 Day shred, I heard some great things about it.
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What if my garage is my gym? Haha! My favorite is either going to be ATG squats, or deadlifts, or atlas stones, or tire flips, daggum I have to just pick one?
  • BeginningNoStop
    BeginningNoStop Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you have someone at home who can hold the pads then you can get a really good Boxing workout. A few that I use when my wife and I train at home:

- Ten Punches: where you do ten punches medium height, then ten punches low, then ten punches up high. Do three sets of each.

- Ten Punches with Exercise: Ten punches then squat 10. Ten punches then ten lunges. Ten Punches then ten burpies.

- 21: You start with one punch each hand, then two punches each hand, then three punches each hand............ working your way up to 21 punches each hand. This is brutal.

- Minute Jabs/Minute Cross: Do a minute of jabbing with your lead hand (pulling back into defensive position -keeping your hand up between punches). Then a minute of crosses with the other hand. The repetition with the same hand is hard work but great for building strength and speed.

- Situps with punch: Ten situps with your partner holding the pads so that you Jab/Cross when you rise. You can also do a situp with a twist adding a left and right hook on at the end.

Pressups with Ball - In your normal pressup position, but put a soccer ball (or medicine ball) under one hand and complete ten pressups, then switch hands. This varies the normal pressup slightly and forces you to go deeper on one arm than you would via a normal pressup. You can also take this further by putting the ball in your centre and placing both hands on it and doing a pressup, works a different range of muscles but helps with core strength and balance.

- Punches with Weights: Get a small dumbbell (3-4kg) and do a minutes worth of jabs/crosses remembering to hold your form and to keep your technique sharp (Extending and twisting the arm, moving the body from the core, bringing hands back into defensive positions, keeping the hands up). The resistance for the weights are great for building power in your punches.

- Numbered Combos: Ive also given each punch a number (1 Jab, 2 Cross, 3 Hook, 4 Uppercut, 5 Slip, 6 Duck) and get my 12 year old daughter to call out random numbers (while she watches telly!) that I use when shadow boxing!

I hope the above helps, Id been keen to draw on any other exercises people use at home when boxing. :)

I know this is a very long time coming but thanks for the boxing advice!! I'm going to try it out today!! i'm sooo excited