What to do after going over calories?

Options
Ok, so I have been really bad about my calories the past few days...i blame hormones. But anyways if I'm over should I reduce my calories over the next week to make up for those calories or will that put me in starvation mode since that would put me under 1200 a day?

Replies

• hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Just pick up the pieces and resume activities. Its not the end of the world and no need to go into starvation cuz 1200 and under will be too little food for ANYONE!
  • grammystef26
    grammystef26 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you have gone over your calories just even it out by exercising more or at a higher intensity the next few days. Don't reduce your calories just get back in line for your daily goal. Eating cleaner(fruits& veggies little fats) will also help. I speak from experience I too go over board certain days and just toss good nutrition out the window. Hope this helps:)
  • rosita76
    Options
    Ive been in the same boat with ya sista...Although blaming it on hormones hasnt occured to me, but I am will tell my bf that same excuse LOL

Just pick urself up the next day and eat more fruits/veggies and push the water. I agree with Grammy and kick up your exercise a notch. But dont be hard on yourself. It happens!

Good Luck!
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That definitely helps...just have to re-focus!
  • llijesthetics
    Options
    please no never dop that .... just concentrate on doing move physical activitys eat the same amount and very healthy well balanced meal s!! im not one to talk .... but i just wanted to tell you that dropping calories the next day will not make up for going over!!
  • AMSull19
    AMSull19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i've been in the same boat for the past few days. I just made an extra effort to stay within my calories today and amped up my exercise today. I know most people dont advise dropping below the 1200, but as long as you dont go below 1000, you should be okay.
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That was me yesterday, but I still lost 1lbs :o) a few days won't hurt, only a few weeks, months and years will. So don't kick yourself!! Keep positive, even on days like those, because that'll keep you motivated, negative thoughts will have you giving up and running to the fridge. You're loosing and you look great, that's all you need to focus on. Don't reduce your calories the next day. Stick to your allowance. If you want to do something, excersice, but you don't have too. If you do, eat the calories you burn and remember, after excersise is finished, your body continues to burn!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    concentrate on exercise and don't drop your calories.
  • mapinkerton
    Options
    What's done is done. Just refocus, start over, and don't beat yourself up.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It is just one day. Let that go, and just start a new day. You can't expect to be perfect every single day. As long as you are making the right decisions and eating the right things overall, going over in calories here and there isn't going to be a bad thing.
  • sixpackgoal
    Options
    Ok, so I have been really bad about my calories the past few days...i blame hormones. But anyways if I'm over should I reduce my calories over the next week to make up for those calories or will that put me in starvation mode since that would put me under 1200 a day?

One monkey don't stop the show. One day does not make your weight. You fell down. Big deal. Get up like no one saw and get back in the wagon asap.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Just work out and follow your calories per day. Don't cut calories to "make up" what you overate. Just get back on track, stick with it, and work out!! Good luck!