I love MFP!

WanabeHotMama
WanabeHotMama Posts: 102 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Very thankful I found the MFP app on my Droid! What a fantastic tool it has been for me, I'm not sure that it could get any easier for me to track my meals & exercise. Now all I need is motivation! I am a proud Wife & Mother of a 9 month old baby girl who is looking to take control of her weight. I am looking to lose about 60 pounds and I am hoping that MFP will give me the tools I need to get there. Best of luck to all of you!

Replies

• I agree this is a great place! Really keeps you in check, I've also got myself some kitchen scales, wish I had got them years ago, but I just used to guess the weight of things. I've now found I wasn't very good at it!

Good luck!
  • sewist
    sewist Posts: 40
    I'm fairly new myself, but I've found MFP to be easy to use. I plan to do this forever!
  • This is day two for me using this program and I love it! I've never tried tracking food in the past and this app eliminates any excuses. I enjoy tracking my results and I have no doubt that I will get to my 20lb goal in no time!!! Good luck with your goal! You are already beautiful!
  • WanabeHotMama
    I agree this is a great place! Really keeps you in check, I've also got myself some kitchen scales, wish I had got them years ago, but I just used to guess the weight of things. I've now found I wasn't very good at it!

Good luck!

What all do you use the kitchen scale for? I'm picturing meat mostly but do you use it for just about everything or select items? I don't have one yet but maybe I need to get one!?
  • WanabeHotMama
    This is day two for me using this program and I love it! I've never tried tracking food in the past and this app eliminates any excuses. I enjoy tracking my results and I have no doubt that I will get to my 20lb goal in no time!!! Good luck with your goal! You are already beautiful!

Thank you so much for the compliment! I've just decided enough with the excuses, I want to be healthy AND happy for myself & my wonderful family!
  • I hear you! I anticipate being married in the next year and I want to get to my goal weight before the summer comes. I've been wanting to get a kitchen scale... I already use my measuring spoons and cups for measuring condiments, cereal, salad dressing, etc.. I even have my boyfriend doing it now :-).
  • I use them for just about everything to make sure I get the right portion size, pasta, rice, even the amount of butter I put on a slice of bread!
  • WanabeHotMama
    Thank you for the info! I'll look into getting one, hopefully they don't cost too much! I think I've seen the digital and non-digital scales, is it worth the extra to pay for digital?
  • Get the digital ones. :smile:
  • WanabeHotMama
    Looking online now! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.