very low or no calories snack food?

Options
13»

Replies

• Tracie524
    Tracie524 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies. Some 50 calorie snacks could be 1 cup watermelon, 1 small orange, 12 baby carrots, 1 cucumber, 1/2 banana, 1 bell pepper, 1 grapefruit, 16 cherry tomatoes, 8 strawberries, 2 cups green beans, 1/2 cup baby carrots with 1 tbsp hummus. Some 100 calorie snacks could be 1 banana, 2 cups cantaloupe, 1 small sweet potato, 10 almonds, 1/2 bell pepper with 3 tbsp hummus, 1/2 apple with 2 tsp peanut butter. Just some ideas.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    there are no zero calorie foods..

here is what I would suggest since you are now..

Eat in a moderate calorie deficit of about 500 per day.
    You do not need to restrict foods. You can eat some of the foods that you like, just eat less of them. The 80/20 rule is helpful...80% helpful; 20% whatever you want = ice cream, cookies, pizza, etc. Just make sure to stay in calorie deficit.
    work out/move more

Do this and you will be on the path to success...
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Strawberries.
  • alessiadcr
    alessiadcr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fage fat free plain Greek yogurt. I mix it with stevia and blueberries. You could use any fruit you like,,,but recently I have started adding a tsp of Nutella to one half cup of Yogurt. It is only 140 calories and it makes me super full!!! This yogurt is super high in protein and it gives me the sensation of eating more than I actually did. Good luck!! :wink:
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    there are no zero calorie foods..

here is what I would suggest since you are now..

Eat in a moderate calorie deficit of about 500 per day.
    You do not need to restrict foods. You can eat some of the foods that you like, just eat less of them. The 80/20 rule is helpful...80% helpful; 20% whatever you want = ice cream, cookies, pizza, etc. Just make sure to stay in calorie deficit.
    work out/move more

Do this and you will be on the path to success...

This. It sounds, OP, like you might have picked too aggressive a deficit and ended up with the rock-bottom "1200 calories" figure. While you are at a weight that can tolerate such an aggressive deficit, you may not have the willpower or knowledge of how to stick to it without it being a fight. It might work better to back off to a deficit that's more sustainable for you. Weight loss isn't a race. :)
  • surferlz
    Options
    I like to snack on turkey lunch meat. Unfortunately, it’s high in sodium, so it is healthier if you can cook turkey or chicken breast with some spices, using very, very little oil. The protein is very satisfying and will keep you full for a long time, it’s lean, and it’s fairly low in calories. Many veggies are lower in calories, but don’t have the same effect on appetite. I like egg beaters or scrambled egg whites for the same reason: high protein and low calories.
    If you’re looking for something you can snack on frequently but don’t like raw veggies, vegetable soup is great. You will want to make it yourself and avoid adding things like potatoes and pasta that can really increase the calorie count. Somehow eating hot soup is so much better to me than eating cold salad. It’s easy to make too- just buy some chicken broth, cut up carrots, celery, onion, broccoli, whatever else you like, and maybe add a few spices, and cook it. Beans can add calories but are also high in protein and fiber, so can help the soup be more filling.
    I also keep miso soup packets around for when I don’t have many calories left and I want something to snack on. A packet is about 35 calories and it can really hold off cravings until you can get a real, healthy meal.