5994!!!

Options
Thats how many calories I ate over my goal today, over 5994 calories in one meal.I went to the chinese buffet today, and usaully i wouldnt log it, but I wanted to see how bad I did..i kinda wish i hadnt logged it, i was muh happier being ignorant... 2 pounds worth of calories, the little thing at the botom has me GAINING 45 pounds in 5 weeks..If i burn 1000 cals aday its going to take me 6 days to burn off ONE meal..I just feel sad, and fat, and mad at myself...im not sure why i posted, i just need to rant... :(

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    aww dear everyone binges from time to time i think, proud of you for logging it though! you will only benifit from this experience :]

and i hope you dont mind but i snuck a peek at your diary... and i was not aware that sushi had so many calories? the oshinko sushi i had today only had 12 calories a piece O.o
  • DoyleBingster
    Options
    I did that the other day. Kinda went crazy with Hot Wings and Coke. You know what, though? I got up the next morning, went to the gym and hit it hard. I'll do it again tomorrow, keep eating the way I did before that ill-fated night, and I'll keep shedding the pounds. One meal will not break you, especially if you've been good until that point. Don't give up, get back on the horse, and ride!
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    The estimation is based upon you doing the same thing (caloric surplus or deficit ).
    I did the same thing some time back... My weight was a bit up the next few days (sodium, water weight, etc) but I went back to making healthy choices and didn't let it bother me..

Tomorrow is a new day!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    take it as a lesson learned and make tomorrow better!
    you helped me! I NEVER could have guessed there were that many cals in chinese food (which I LOVE though it never fills me up for long). You've opened my eyes, if that makes you feel any better! Learning from others (and your own) mistakes is what we have to do sometimes.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I'm not *quite* where you're at, but I did the same thing tonight, essentially. Seems to be the day for it.
    Ate an ENTIRE papa-john's (12") pizza. I'm 700+ over. It's the one thing I absolutely gorge on and I think I do it once a month. So, I'll spend the next couple of days working it off. It's not the end of the world and really, it'll probably end up evening out sooner than you think. :-) Just don't make it too often and you're gold.
  • KellieR56
    KellieR56 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    you're okay! Just don't do it on the regular. Just get up and work it out :] I'll be honest, you're lucky you ate Chinese food. I miss it :( but don't be so hard on yourself. at least it wasn't 45 pounds right then and there :]
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    aww dear everyone binges from time to time i think, proud of you for logging it though! you will only benifit from this experience :]

and i hope you dont mind but i snuck a peek at your diary... and i was not aware that sushi had so many calories? the oshinko sushi i had today only had 12 calories a piece O.o

If it's deep fried and covered i sauce it does lol
    it really just depends on what kind you eat, some are super low, an other are super high..the buffet i went to tonight is very found of make deep fried amazingness...an some of the meats are kinda high in cals, like the eel and salmon,veggies ones (not including avocado) are the best in cals, but lack the omega's and protien. and watch out for added things like sauces or cream cheese
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    you're okay! Just don't do it on the regular. Just get up and work it out :] I'll be honest, you're lucky you ate Chinese food. I miss it :( but don't be so hard on yourself. at least it wasn't 45 pounds right then and there :]

No Joke!! Could you imagine if we gained weight instantly like that......
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, I feel a bit better now, still kinda bummed but not as much, im moving on, now i just have to focus on tommorow...
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options

If it's deep fried and covered i sauce it does lol
    it really just depends on what kind you eat, some are super low, an other are super high..the buffet i went to tonight is very found of make deep fried amazingness...an some of the meats are kinda high in cals, like the eel and salmon,veggies ones (not including avocado) are the best in cals, but lack the omega's and protien. and watch out for added things like sauces or cream cheese

oh! Today was my first time eating sushi so I had no clue xD the kind i had must have been the lowest of calories. good to know!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    That was me last week! I understand.

Get up and get some exercise in tomorrow. It sounds like you have a really good excuse to do some intervals and burn extra calories. :D

You can try 2 mins or regular pace, 1 minute of hyperspeed during your regular workout. You'l burn 2x as many calories.... ;)
  • RockNRollWeekender
    Options
    That happens! But I agree with what everyone else is saying...just learn from it. It's not as bad as it seems. Plus, with "dieting" your body gets bored/used to you eating the same amount of calories everyday (just like it does if you did the same exercises everyday). All you did was shake the boat a little bit. Now you'll have your body guessing and when you're back on track your body'll be like "oh hey, we're supposed to be burning pounds!" :]
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    I had a really similar experience when I first started logging my calories.. I had some chinese takeout and when I entered the calorie information I nearly passed out because I was over by 3,000+ calories. Now whenever I I have a craving for bad food like that, I remember how I felt on that day. It was really a turning point for me! I would look at this the same way. Now that you're aware of how bad it is, focus on changing and not allowing yourself to go there again (or at the very least only very rarely)!