New here...a quick hello!

Options
Hello all! I am a 34 year old mom of 4. I have struggled with my weight for the majority of my life. I have been as high as 250lbs (when preggo with my second child) and as low as 121lbs (was way too skinny for me). After the birth of my 4th child I held on to about 30 extra pounds for almost 2yrs after despite regular exercise. Once I started journaling and holding myself accountable I was able to take off the extra weight.
Over the last 6 months or so I have gotten very lax with my diet. I am a candy/pastry fiend and have managed to put on about 6 pounds. While that amount doesn't' seem like a lot, I feel it in my clothes! Much of my clothes is snug in places in used to hang. I am determined to reverse this and get back to where I was weight wise plus firm up and gain muscle mass. My goal is to be the fittest and firmest I have ever been! :)
Anyone have a good substitute for sweets that isn't a veggie and isn't sugar free??

Replies

• asm12707
    Options
    hello, and good luck on your journey
  • LennyJeffrey
    Options
    :love: Hello to all, Keep up the good work you can only gain from it.
    If you have a craving for sweets or chocolate try sniffing from a pot of vanilla essense, and drink a glass of water afterwards the craving will go away
  • gloria581
    gloria581 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've never really been a big sweet eater, it's everything else I have a problem with. I'm sorry I couldn't help with the sweet problem but I wish you luck in achieving your goal.
  • Steph70508
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. :happy: I will definitely have to try the vanilla essence trick. I'm willing to try ALMOST anything. Sugar free candy is the pits! My stomach does not take kindly to it! I actually baked some black bean brownies last night that I saw on Dr. Oz...they weren't great :( Brownies are supposed to be chewy, not mushy bean consistency.
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. :happy: I will definitely have to try the vanilla essence trick. I'm willing to try ALMOST anything. Sugar free candy is the pits! My stomach does not take kindly to it! I actually baked some black bean brownies last night that I saw on Dr. Oz...they weren't great :( Brownies are supposed to be chewy, not mushy bean consistency.

OMG I saw that episode and thought no way that lady is lying about it tasting ooo so good. I'm glad you posted this I knew there wasn't something right about bean brownies!! LOL
    On the sweet tooth note..You can always try fresh strawberries over angel food cake since angel food cake doesn't hold as much calories as other cakes..All in moderation! And there's always those 100 calorie packs that make for a good crave food.. :)
  • TeAdams
    Options
    Hi Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. I am going to try to get healthy this year and hopefully this site will be easy to work.