Maintanence - exercise = Lose?

jaycee76
jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi

For the past year I have not managed to get under 142lbs. I have tried doing 1200 calories, I tried increasing them a little and eventually get fed up and do it all over again.

I have been really good since 3rd January. I have lost what I gained over the holiday period. And I am at my 143lb again.

I decided to stay off the scales and only weigh once a month, in the hope that it stops me getting fed up when nothing happens!

I still want to lose the last 7lbs but am wondering this:

I am burning alot in exercise calories but struggling with hunger (I do eat exercise calories).
If I put myself in as sedate to make a little deficit (I am a mum of 2 and rarely get to sit down for more than a couple of minutes before 1900hours) and keep up burning 3000 plus calories per week in exercise (I will be eating nearly all of these) will I lose weight? I would be happy with 1.5 - 2lbs per month in order to hopefully overcome the 143 but also to keep at the exercise.

Has anyone lost weight by doing something similar?

My thought is that if I can eat a pretty normal healthy diet I will stop thinking about food all the time!

I do hope this makes sense. Any advice would be really appreciated!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.