please tell us your small victories

Options
Come on people, a small victory is just as amazing as a big victory and I wanna hear yours.

mine is: I can now zip up a pair of trousers which I haven't been able to zip up in years :happy:

Replies

• allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    i had a great non-scale victory this week.. i work at a hospital and we had free wellness screens going on, and i found out my cholesterol, and non-fasting glucose numbers were great! i've always been borderline high with the cholesterol, and to see it well below 200 felt amazing!
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I can jog for 20 minutes without stopping!
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    i had a great non-scale victory this week.. i work at a hospital and we had free wellness screens going on, and i found out my cholesterol, and non-fasting glucose numbers were great! i've always been borderline high with the cholesterol, and to see it well below 200 felt amazing!

thats really great, less cholesterol is one of the best things to happen in my opponion :smile:
  • goohan
    Options

thats really cool, I wanna be able to do that some day :smile:
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Being able to complete the track bit of EAsports active - couldn't do that 2 weeks ago!
  • goohan
    Options
    goos stuff, well done, I like it :wink:
  • iverayna
    iverayna Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I decided, FINALLY after almost 11 years after the death of my daughter. That Its ok for me to come first sometimes. Thats the family can survive without me for a few hours while I do ME time... I will always stuggle with it, but i now know its ok for me to be happy.... A MASSIVE HUGE VICTORY for me.. Thanks for the post....
  • goohan
    Options
    well done, you really deserve ME time, you're really inspriational sending you huggs xxxxxxxxxxx
  • CalorieNinja
    Options
    I decided, FINALLY after almost 11 years after the death of my daughter. That Its ok for me to come first sometimes. Thats the family can survive without me for a few hours while I do ME time... I will always stuggle with it, but i now know its ok for me to be happy.... A MASSIVE HUGE VICTORY for me.. Thanks for the post....

I couldn't imagine what you have went through in those eleven years. I am SO proud of you that you are able to start focusing on you a little bit more, good for you!
  • CalorieNinja
    Options

thats really cool, I wanna be able to do that some day :smile:

You will be able to someday! Just keep going and don't stop :)
  • kmcoulon
    kmcoulon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There was popcorn at work today...lots of it...AND I DIDN'T EAT ANY. <3
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I can do my belt on the 3rd hole now, where as a few months ago it was on the very last hole!! Im well chuffed lol. Ive lost 12lbs within 5 weeks!
  • brittni127
    Options
    Great job everyone!! I LOVE reading sucess stories, big and small.

Mine is kinda silly but it made me super happy. For my 20lbs mini goal sucess I went and got a little mini makeover at a local beauty school and my husband was coming to pick me up and called me to have me come out, I just ignored the call and walked out the door toward the car. He called me right back and asked for me to come out when I was like 20 feet from the car (it was like 10pm so dark outside) and I said I'm right here! WHen I got in the car I asked why he called again when I was right outside the car and he said "I didn't think it was you, it looked too thin to be you!" It is nice to hear those honest moments when people notice and don't just say "You look thinner!" because they know you are trying to lose weight! :-)
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I love reading these!!! So great!!

Mine are:

I'm now in Week 5 of Couch to 5K. NEVER thought I'd make it this far. Yesterday I ran 8 mins twice without stopping (you do 5 min walk, 8 min jog, 5 min walk, 8 min jog, 5 min walk). Wouldn't have been able to do that a month ago.

I can wear a certain jacket again...before I wasn't able to button it!

My pants are looser!

On Friday, a co-worker noticed my weightloss. She is the first person that has said anything to me and she made my day!

I FEEL AMAZING!!:bigsmile:
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I went up the two flights of stairs to my hair stylist's and I wasn't out of breath!
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My shirts just hang on me, no longer are tight, and I don't even need to unzip some pants to pull them down, man I need to go shopping :)
  • blackchick38
    Options
    i can go weeks now without craving alcohol.this is a great victory because i havent done this in years
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am now officially not obese just overweight ! x
  • MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am now officially not obese just overweight ! x

I use my Wii fit balance board to weigh in every week and for months it called me obese and overweight. I remember feeling so proud when I went from obese to overweight. Just a few weeks ago I made it to "healthy weight." It was such a great feeling!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    stripes look ok on me again
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!