Ow ow ow ow ow

LadyKT
LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
So here's the downside to exercise - SORENESS!!! Holy cow. I do a kettlebell class on thursday nights which kicks my butt pretty good. Then, because I decided to kick it up a lot of notches this month, I decided to add Jillian Michael's 30 day shred to my workouts. I started that on Friday. Yesterday, from my legs being so sore from the kettlebell class and jillian's dvd, I decided to do some Wii Boxing. Now my arms are killer sore! So guess what I'm about to do? Ha ha yep. Some more fun with Jillian and the Wii! I know it seems like i'm overdoing it, but i'm not - this week I probably won't get much time for exercise due to a family emergency (seems like these things pop up a lot...) oh and it's also the superbowl. Yay!

By the way, anyone have any remedies for extreme soreness? My arms may fall off soon :laugh:

Replies

• EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    My physio friend told me to have a cold shower or bath to prevent muscle damage!
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    So here's the downside to exercise - SORENESS!!! Holy cow. I do a kettlebell class on thursday nights which kicks my butt pretty good. Then, because I decided to kick it up a lot of notches this month, I decided to add Jillian Michael's 30 day shred to my workouts. I started that on Friday. Yesterday, from my legs being so sore from the kettlebell class and jillian's dvd, I decided to do some Wii Boxing. Now my arms are killer sore! So guess what I'm about to do? Ha ha yep. Some more fun with Jillian and the Wii! I know it seems like i'm overdoing it, but i'm not - this week I probably won't get much time for exercise due to a family emergency (seems like these things pop up a lot...) oh and it's also the superbowl. Yay!

By the way, anyone have any remedies for extreme soreness? My arms may fall off soon :laugh:

I just embrace the soreness to be honest :laugh: It means your body has worked and is changing.
    Alternatively, a hot bath could ease some of the pain or maybe yoga will help stretch your muscles out.

Keep up the good work :heart:
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    I can only do Jillians workout every other day... I don't know how you people do it. I'm starting again and hope to make it past level 1... Good for you to plan ahead and get some good workouts in!
  • oh god poor you! try and make sure you give your muscles time to recover. I started exercising properly for first time in my life last september and every time i did something from boxing, aerobics, tummy crunches, wii games etc i hurt like hell the day after. Now i can do exercise with very minimal soreness day after. Stick with it while your muscles get stronger. It's worth it in the end.
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member

My husband like icy hot and aspercreme (he's a mechanic so he's achy most days). I like a hot bath.
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Haha...sooo edit: Tried to do the wii after doing the JM dvd. Nope. No way. I'm too sore! ha! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh well. Tomorrow morning I can sneak in a workout and then after then we'll see. My dad is staying with me so there goes my living room and leaving for the gym at 5 a.m. while he's here :ohwell:
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Im glad you asked cos I feel the same too...I run twice a week and jillians michaels 30 day shred those days inbetween running... thursday I ran then flaked it half way down the road as my legs were sooooooooo stiff!!! I usually have a radox bath after which I usually do have but didnt on this occassion....So that would be my suggestion...
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Ah yes... DOMS... you gotta love it!! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.