Super (Bowl) Skinny Sun Challenge

Options
Is anyone up for Super Skinny Sunday Challenge? I am! I am often tempted to undo everything I worked so hard for during the week on the weekends. Let's do a SSC to keep us focused! I could use some company...are you in?

Here is what it entails...think double, double, double....whew!

Double your exercise today! I am shooting for an a.m. workout and a p.m. workout.
Double your water intake....within healthy limits of course!
Double your effort to eat clean and healthy and log every calorie that crosses your lips!

We can sooooooooooooooo do this! Bring it on Superbowl Sunday!

And....don't forget to check in and out and let us know how you are doing. Take a few minutes to encourage a new friend in the challenge!

Replies

• bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm in (though I'm in Uk - Superbowl means nothing to me!)
    Have already done cardio session at gym, will be heading back later on for a toning session.
    On track for food, and I'll be sticking to my usual water intake which is quite high anyway.
    Loving this as motivation!
  • s_waser
    Options
    I am in, we don't plan to have unhealthy food today but I have trouble not endulging on the weekends. I will workout double today and take in double amount of water. I can't wait to see my calories gained back at the end of the day today.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'm in, Fab! Got your message this morning. I'll be heading out soon to do 3-4 hours of hiking through the snow. I'll check back in later. Have a great day, everyone! :drinker:
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I am staying away from parties today. I'll check in later.
  • healthy1215
    Options
    I needed you guys today! I have 2 parties that I really need to at least stop by, but I am going to make good choices and I love the idea of double exercise and double water! I am so glad to have you MFP folks here to help! Happy Superbowl Sunday to everyone! :drinker:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Knew I could count on you for a Challenge like this!
    Off to the gym (ASA it opens) for a round on the Kinesis Wall and ellipical, then I hope to do a few laps in the pool....

Water ready :drinker:

Need another cup of joe first :flowerforyou:

mj
  • s_waser
    Options
    OK I completed my first workout for the day elliptical for 40 mins...I have drank 32 oz so far. I think I doing well we will see after dinner :wink:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Back from hiking. We ended up cutting it a bit shorter due to the conditions. Everything was either iced over or wet, but we managed to put in a solid 2 and a half hours, so I can live with that. Gonna try to stick to mostly veggies during the Superbowl :tongue:
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Hitting the gym with my teenagers for our usual Sunday workout as a family and my weekly weigh in.
    Then I am supposed to meet some friends at a bar for the festivities. I have already informed them that I can't stay long as I am not able to eat and drink they way they do but I will grace them with my presence for as long as I can tolerate it. I don't want to undo everything I have been working so for. As for Water... if I drink anymore I might float away!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Just checking in...ate out after church at Applebees. Had the grilled shrimp and spinach salad with tomato soup. Still high in cals but I guess healthier than some other choices. No Super Bowl parties to attend which will make it easier to stay on track the rest of the day. Hoping to keep light and up the antie on exercise today. I am in this to win! How about you?! Goooooooooooooooooooooooo team! :bigsmile:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Knew I could count on you for a Challenge like this!
    Off to the gym (ASA it opens) for a round on the Kinesis Wall and ellipical, then I hope to do a few laps in the pool....

Water ready :drinker:

Need another cup of joe first :flowerforyou:

mj

Alright, got my workouts in...actually did intervals to clear my head and remind me why I'm here, esp today w/all the festivities.
    Eats are on the way...pray for me!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Have not been online wish I'd seen this. I am having slow Sunday. Cut the end of my thumb quite badly and am feeling rather squeamish. Not like me at all. Spent yesterday at a funeral, I think my reserves are low.

Onward and upward, Alice
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Alice: Take care. You have had a rough weekend! Here is to a better week ahead!:flowerforyou:
  • s_waser
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks for the challenge I would not of accomplished so much if you hadn't posted this. I completed my pm exercise, drank lots more water than I usually do, and I was way under my calories. I hope everyone else was as sucessful or more successful! :bigsmile: