muffin top and saddle bags, help!

Options
my main problem is saddle bags, the fat just above my hips is so annoying. I already do 300 crunches per night for my little bit of tummy, but that isnt really much of a problem. I also do some pilates/calanethics targeting the sides/saddle bags and the bridge. Any other ideas? cos it isnt shifting at all :(

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat from a particular area, but a regular cardio work out will reduce it from everywhere. I love Jillian Michales 30 day shred, its only 20 mins a day so its easy to fit into your routine and it really does work. I noticed a big difference to my saddle bags, tummy, thights and arms after my first round. Good luck!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    The post above me is correct - 'You can't focus on just one area'...! You also need to consider a good meal plan as well...
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hate to break it to you but you can do crunches till the cows some home and it will not spot reduce a fat spot. Only thing that working those areas does is tone up the muscle underneath and sometimes even makes the area look even lumpier Had that happen once on my thighs cause I was doing a lot of leg work at the time.
    Keep up with the exercise though since muscle burnes more calories than fat even when resting and overall fat loss will shrink even the trouble areas over time ( so I've heard).

Keep up the good work. 300 crunches is impressive.
  • dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yep, lots of cardio and a healthful diet. I've been on my cardio and strength training regimen for about a month and my saddlebag area is where I'm noticing the biggest difference so far. Keep up the good work!
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do regular cadio joggin, 5k five times a week, i would love to do the 30 day shred (its had so many great reviews) but I live in a tiny room, I have about 3foot past one end of the bed and 2 foot past the other end, thats with showing all my stuff into the corners, I have no living room, or tv either (Im on exchange in paris, the rent is absurd) also I cant do anything too loud because I live with my flatmate, who is already, "critical" about the fact im on a diet, which really doesnt help.
    I dont eat any refined sugar, just meat, veg, fruit and simple carbs. I avoid pasta and don't drink anything with caffine.
    Also I cant get weights, the heaviest they do is 0.5 kg which is nothing really, would 500ml bottles of water be ok instead of weights since I can't get anything heavier?
    Really my main problem is space.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I do regular cadio joggin, 5k five times a week, i would love to do the 30 day shred (its had so many great reviews) but I live in a tiny room, I have about 3foot past one end of the bed and 2 foot past the other end, thats with showing all my stuff into the corners, I have no living room, or tv either (Im on exchange in paris, the rent is absurd) also I cant do anything too loud because I live with my flatmate, who is already, "critical" about the fact im on a diet, which really doesnt help.
    I dont eat any refined sugar, just meat, veg, fruit and simple carbs. I avoid pasta and don't drink anything with caffine.
    Also I cant get weights, the heaviest they do is 0.5 kg which is nothing really, would 500ml bottles of water be ok instead of weights since I can't get anything heavier?

To be able to do the 30 day shred you just need enough room to do a jumping jack and a push up. I use 5lb weights, but lots of people start with 2lb weights. Bottles of water would be fine for levels 1 and 2, although you need to lean on them in level 3, but maybe you could use two tins of food for this. Good luck if you decide to try it out. x
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options

To be able to do the 30 day shred you just need enough room to do a jumping jack and a push up. I use 5lb weights, but lots of people start with 2lb weights. Bottles of water would be fine for levels 1 and 2, although you need to lean on them in level 3, but maybe you could use two tins of food for this. Good luck if you decide to try it out. x

great! thanks, i think I will, I'll keep an eye out for good weights (I use 5lb weights at home but couldnt take them with me because of Easyjet's 20kg baggage allowance) but the tins is a good idea for now. I will try the 30 day shred, i think i've been stuck in a bit of a rut recently with toning exercises. :D